Hybrid View

Credit card processing. ($0 setup, $0 monthly, international)

Am looking to process credit cards for my webhosting business. Since we're just starting up, we'd like somewhere that has $0 setup and monthly fees. It must be able to accept payment from international customers, and be able to pay to outside of the US.

Although I'm sure there are many other accounts that can be had for some USD$50 setup, and more often than not "you get what you pay for" - would appericiate if we could keep this thread within the requirements above.

www.hostcharge.com
    www.paypal.com

They're pretty much the only ones I know of.
    Josh Powell.
    ServerSpotCheck - Is your website down?
    Skimpylink - Not as tiny as some but much cuter!

How will you be able to build a business if you can't afford to spend $50 in the beginning?

By keeping costs low and staying within a budget .

I would not recommend propay.com
    very bad experinces with them
    Thom Jenkins
    support@thirdbrain.com
    http://www.thirdbrain.net
    660-727-2108

I would say 2checkout.. 0 setup 0 monthly.. 5.5% + .49 I think

Hostcharge and paypal are the only known ones for me 2. However , do not try to find anything lower that themm ... the lesser they ask for payment from you , the more suspicious/dicy they uisuauly are in the long runn .
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: sales@featuredhost.com | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : sales@featuredhost.com |

Originally posted by OKIHost
    I would say 2checkout.. 0 setup 0 monthly.. 5.5% + .49 I think
    2checkout has a USD$49 setup fee.

and also a Minuimum $39 remittance fee for Non US/Canada people
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: sales@featuredhost.com | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : sales@featuredhost.com |

2checkout is not with 0 setup...

ok, I'm going off topic here I know.... but, would you run a service where you charge people no setup fees, no transaction fees and pay them without taking a dime for yourself? In short offer a payment processing system for free, but pay for your own bandwidth, servers, employees et.al?

No you wouldn't.

Payment processing is close to the most important facet of a business online. If you don't get it right, you'll have customers over you like flys on sh*t. Spend the money on a decent service early and you'll sleep a lot better at night, trust me.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

In a market as competitive as it is right now? Yes I would. Just take a higher percentage out. Give the customer an option to 'upgrade' with a setup fee at a later time, when they're a bit ore comfortable they will be profitable.

Originally posted by akashik
    ok, I'm going off topic here I know.... but, would you run a service where you charge people no setup fees, no transaction fees and pay them without taking a dime for yourself? In short offer a payment processing system for free, but pay for your own bandwidth, servers, employees et.al?

No you wouldn't.

Payment processing is close to the most important facet of a business online. If you don't get it right, you'll have customers over you like flys on sh*t. Spend the money on a decent service early and you'll sleep a lot better at night, trust me.

Greg Moore
    Well these companies dont do it for free. they usually charge a hefty percentage on each transaction.

(a merchant account can be around 2%, but I've seen service billing service companies with up to %15 per transaction. That more than makes up for lack of a monthy fee or a setup charge in the long run)