57 now hiring. position openings - Remote support technicians needed.

Site5 is currently seeking remote support technicians to work four or five days a week (depending on applicants schedule). This position is paid on a contractual basis (Form 1099).

Support Technician Skill Requirements.
    • Familiarity with web hosting/publishing in a UNIX-based server environment.
    • Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery of the English language.
    • Experience with FTP, HTML, domain names in general, transfering DNS, etc.
    • Knowledge of CGI and PHP script usage and installation (programming skills not necessary).
    • Ability to diagnose connectivity problems using tools such as ping and traceroute.

The following skills are not required, but would be helpful:
    • Previous experience with Cpanel/WHM (either as an end-user or administrator).
    • Experience with common software daemons (Apache, ProFTPD, BIND, Exim).
    • Knowledge of networking principles (TCP/IP protocol, subnetting, OSI reference model, etc.)
    • Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Perl, shell (Bash) or PHP.

Position Details.

Support technicians are responsible for answering level 1 support requests during their shift. A level 1 support request is defined as a request that does not require root server access to resolve. In addition, level 1 technicians are responsible for investigating and forwarding higher-level requests on to the appropriate people. Level 1 technicians will also be responsible for using Site5's monitoring system to watch for services and/or servers that become unreachable, and taking the appropriate actions to get the issue(s) resolved.

General Information.

As stated above, these positions are contractual: 30-40 hours a week. Applicants need not possess all of the skills listed above to apply. More important than the applicants current skill set is the applicants ability to learn new skills quickly. Good logic, troubleshooting, and cognitive thinking abilities are the most important criteria for an applicant. Previous employer references are preferred, but not required—we are willing to consider all applicants.

• Applicant must provide his or her own PC and Internet connectivity - this is not provided by Site5.
    • Applicant may be required to field phone calls (an available phone line during his or her shift is all that is required for this).
    • Please let us know how many hours you are available to work (either 32 or 40 hours a week - 4 or 5 shifts).
    • If you have special scheduling considerations, please let us know up-front.

To Apply.

Simply send an email to [email protected] and be sure to include the following information:
    • Full name.
    • Additional contact information (phone, ICQ and/or AIM).
    • A resume or a similar list of skills, experience and qualifications.

We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Site5. Good luck!

Vince Stratful.
    Vince Stratful
    Chief Technology Officer

* Oops..

Oops.. wrong button.
    If you ever need help, e-mail me!
    Remember: "You get what you pay for."
    AOL Instant Messenger Handle: thejokerwht

Thank you all for the overwhelming responce.
    I'm still trying to read all of the emails we have recieved and respond to everyone.

If you've not yet recieved a responce, sit tight, we're working on it.

Thanks again,
    Vince Stratful
    Chief Technology Officer

Ha. Sorry then, I sent several emails...I thought you only got a few. Sorry for the flood.

Hi Vince,

Is there an ETA on when we can expect to hear anything?

Was wondering the same thing, thanks for bringing it up.
    -- Jonathan

The lack of communication leads me to believe they hired someone else

Too bad, I'm a good support technician

Still going through email.

Unfortunately due to a family death, I have been out of town since Monday.
    Everyone will recieve a responce, wether hired or not. I will hope to get back to everyone over the next day or two.

Sorry for the delay in contacting everyone.

Vince Stratful
    Chief Technology Officer

Hi Vince,

I'm sorry to hear that; you have my condolences.

Don't feel pressured by us.. take your time in your decision.

- Adam