Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Unlimited does exist

There is such a thing as unlimited without restrictions. Our Super Unlimited package proves it. Used by big companies such as The Sporting News, we provide the best features with the least restrictions...none

Our Super Unlimited Hosting Package gives you the freedom to build and build and build without worrying about disk space and transfer rates. When we say unlimited we mean UNLIMITED! We will never ask you for more money whether you use 5GB transfer or 500GB! And the same goes for disk space. What's the catch? No catch just great service and features. Its like having your own server at a fraction of the cost....

We also offer great packages starting at $2.95 a month.

Cpanel 5 and the only host on Earth that lets you install custom software on our super fast servers.

See the the packages and all the extras here
    http://www.gactechnologies.com/

Check it now and get a month free on any package. Includes 2 minute email support

linkexchange?

It works....400,000 networked sites
    Last edited by hostwithmost; 09-18-2002 at 07:19 PM.

Originally posted by hostwithmost
    Sounds like a plan

http://www.planetgac.net/creatives/powered.jpg

Just link to www.gactechnologies.com

or join our affiliate program and use your unique URL, whatever you want. Giveme yours and i will add to site...no prob

If you want something different let me know, just figured a small button wouldnt take up too much space.
    lol, i was referring to your use of linkexchange (at the bottom of all your pages)....btw, did you know that any attempts to hide the linkexchange logo violates their TOS?

Not if your paying for banner credits on their network. Besides one advertises here and anywhere else where the word can be spread. Actually get a healthy conversion through them and good business as well. Knock it....I'll cash in.

I was looking at your hosting plans, and I noticed that they all have limits on disk space, and bandwidth.

So I am just wondering why not atleast offer unlimited disk space, and bandwidth for all of your plans scince you can offer unlimited in the first place, or atleast 1,000 gigabytes of disk space plus atleast 1,000 gigabytes a month of bandwidth scince you don't ever have to pay for extra anything on your super unlimited package.

Just curious, because if you can offer unlimited for one plan, then why not offer it for all, or do you just need to charge alot of money for the unlimited plan scince it's not really unlimited.
    I mean after all it is unlimited right?

Also I was wondering how come if it is unlimited with no restrictions then you have this:

To all our accounts applies the following restrictions:

Multiple hosts resolving at an IP or domain name that we provide.
    Sites with cgi's running from their domain used on other domains.
    Sites using more than 20% of system resources.

Or maybe that is only for the limited accounts?

Thanks!
    Last edited by deadserious; 09-18-2002 at 05:15 AM.

Well does it make sense to offer unlimited disk and transfer in every package? Then there would only be one package. Most people do not need more than 50-100MB and small amount of transfer. Now the larger sites do need greater transfer even more than disk. See as you know offering 1000MB is a sham because the real cost and need is bandwidth, which we give generously in all of our packages. Say to offer a person who wants a personal site 1GB disk and 50GB transfer is a joke. And of course the unlimited plan is the most expensive, wouldn't you have guessed that without even looking?

So someone who wants a simple fan site can order a starter or mini package and still get unlimited features at a healthy transfer and disk rate.

As far as resources, we just installed 35 new super servers and to actually use 20% of resources you would probably be on the scale of Amazon.com or EBAY, who use there own dedicated solutions (of course that's an exaggeration, but you get the picture) If a member is using resources that high, we would just allocate other servers to spread the load. honestly no ones ever come close to 5%....Our system is broad

Put it this way you can have a large and constantly growing site and not have to worry tomorrow about "We need to purchase additional space" or "traffic was heavy this month, maybe we need more bandwidth?"

Not hard to understand......I can't really explain better.

we also run www.xmbhosted.com on our servers and receive tremendous traffic but have never even come near 30% resources burned....Planned ahead for such matters, thats why weve had 0 downtime for 2 months running....

and that's why i've book marked unlimband.com

Yeah I've seen that URL in many posts but theres no site there or its never online. Or am I that naive and thats an inside joke?

And why would a webhoster bookmark that type of site?

I'm lost...let me get back to creating these accounts...

http://www.unlimband.com/

nothing there for days now..

From your XMBforum site.

Main links categories

Anime/Cartoon Forums (0)
    Business Forums (0)

Computer Related Forums (0)
    Entertainment Forums (0)

Fan/Clan Forums (0)
    Gaming Forums (2)

Internet Discussion Forums (0)
    Post Nuke Related Forums (0)

SportsTalk Forums (0)
    Web Design Forums (0)

Web Hosting (1)
    Webmaster Related Forums (0)

XMB Related Forums (0)

There are 3 Links and 13 Categories in our database

Yep Looks like that XMB site is a real busy barn burner, look at all those boards to choose from..

lol @ barn burner

Yeah I've seen that URL in many posts but theres no site there or its never online. Or am I that naive and thats an inside joke?

And why would a webhoster bookmark that type of site?

I'm lost...let me get back to creating these accounts...

http://www.unlimband.com/

nothing there for days now..
    it's not an inside joke - you're right it is down....we'll have to fix that

but to answer your question: i bookmark it so that i can easily add hosts to the liars lists

I hadn't heard anything about Jim stopping the site. But whois shows unlimband as: Record expires on 13-Sep-2002.
    Record Created on 13-Sep-2001.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    I hadn't heard anything about Jim stopping the site. But whois shows unlimband as: Record expires on 13-Sep-2002.
    Record Created on 13-Sep-2001.
    uh oh....better remind him right away

What they _mean_ is it is unlimited until they can't support you anymore... and then they go out of business
    hosting53.com - the hosting solutions company

we will match all unlimited plans with our new unlimited charges, give us your cc details and will will charge an unlimited amount.

Callum Henderson,
    iKiwi.net is now HiStyle.biz, bigger and better!

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From your XMBforum site.

Main links categories

Anime/Cartoon Forums (0)
    Business Forums (0)

Computer Related Forums (0)
    Entertainment Forums (0)

Fan/Clan Forums (0)
    Gaming Forums (2)

Internet Discussion Forums (0)
    Post Nuke Related Forums (0)

SportsTalk Forums (0)
    Web Design Forums (0)

Web Hosting (1)
    Webmaster Related Forums (0)

XMB Related Forums (0)

There are 3 Links and 13 Categories in our database

Yep Looks like that XMB site is a real busy barn burner, look at all those boards to choose from..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The links section was just added, look at the member list and the homepage which lists over 244 forums hosted.....

akash, you got me! I am a liar......Really have no comeback for that one.

Never realized how smart you guys were....didnt get any SU packages out of this but about 11 other packages were referred from here so thanks for getting people curious about the site guys..

appreciate it

Cpanel 5 and the only host on Earth that lets you install custom software on our super fast servers.
    How's that for a stable, reliable server? Any old person installing any old software that you have no control over, that's really going to instill peace of mind

We install the software at request and after evaluation.....Surely you didnt think we just let anyone have server root access? lol

This place is a hoot!

PM*

So in that case, the statement

the only host on Earth that lets you install custom software on our super fast servers.
    isn't true then right? Because you don't let your users install it at all. Isn't that false advertising?

Edit: if you only install software on request and after evaluation, then you are doing the exact same thing most other hosts do, so your claim that you are the only host on earth to do this is also false.

I wouldnt say that because we do let users install custom software through the experts of course.

Let me ask you: How many everyday customers would know how to install software on a server? no less know what telnet/SSh is and how to edit httpd.conf if it is necessary too?

The funny thing about this entire thread is the vindication of my packages, you guys are so annoyed for some reason its dripping from the pages. And if youre not then maybe working on your businesses or websites would be more helpful. If it wasnt for reply notification I would never even know that there were replies to this thread.

Working on all the network sites, constant coding and the open source projects keeps me and the good people here busy.

But I appreciate the feedback guys, never hurts to be criticized. Helped me build the company to where it is now.

Here's some dirt:

http://www.newyork.bbb.org/nis/newse...21000000071287

<<MOD EDIT: See site for details>>

If you do a search at the BBB, make sure you choose the Indep. Ave. address which matches the whois record.
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-18-2002 at 08:36 PM.

hostwithmost - A piece of advise - read through some threads on WebHostingTalk, take a few moments to evaluate the situation, take a break and come back and reply

benoire - I am no lawyer, as you already know. However I would tend to agree with your statement about false advertising. It would be like me putting up a sign saying "I am the only person selling hosting" *.

Anyway, I guess this is just another one of those 'unlimited' threads

*Disclaimer: Only an example

I wouldnt say that because we do let users install custom software through the experts of course.

Let me ask you: How many everyday customers would know how to install software on a server? no less know what telnet/SSh is and how to edit httpd.conf if it is necessary too?

The funny thing about this entire thread is the vindication of my packages, you guys are so annoyed for some reason its dripping from the pages. And if youre not then maybe working on your businesses or websites would be more helpful. If it wasnt for reply notification I would never even know that there were replies to this thread.

Working on all the network sites, constant coding and the open source projects keeps me and the good people here busy.

But I appreciate the feedback guys, never hurts to be criticized. Helped me build the company to where it is now.
    Everyday end users don't know what to do, no, but there are plenty of hosts who will help you out and do it for you. It still doesn't take away from the fact that in actual fact, you don't let Joe Bloggs install what he wants himself, as your advertisement leads you to believe.

If you wish to view this as jealousy of your packages, feel free, that's entirely your prerogative

Originally posted by PorkChup
    Here's some dirt:

http://www.newyork.bbb.org/nis/newse...21000000071287

If you do a search at the BBB, make sure you choose the Indep. Ave. address which matches the whois record.
    BUSTED!!!
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast