hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : i need info about psychz.net

Forum Jump

i need info about psychz.net

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 05:16 AM

Is psychz.net shared web hosting plans good? they are really low price per month and i might get hosting from them. but i want to know other peoples experience with this web hoster before i get hosting from them.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2009, 05:36 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

While I have no direct experience with them, in taking a look at their website, a few things stood out as odd:
In their "About Us" section:
"Our internet connection has unlimited bandwidth to suit your hosting application."
That tends to scream red flag around these parts, as it just simply isn't possible..
They state that they have their own certified techs, etc, on-site at their data-center, but also say they only monitor to see if their network is running every 10 minutes.. This also tends to put up a red flag as to the validity of the claim that they have anyone employed by -them- that is on-site at all..
In checking their BBB Online logo on their site, they have had 9 complaints, of which most were resolved, a few not, and their real name is Profusesolutions.com - here is that website:
http://www.profusesolutions.com/index.html
It looks like they do business under no less than 5 different names, and all the pages on their main site are basically blank. Another slight red flag..

Old 01-19-2009, 05:41 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Ok more info..
My opinion - Stay away from these guys with a 10 foot pole.. Why?
Take a look at one of their sites, http://chimehost.com/
They say you get "Unlimited disk space, Unlimited Traffic, AND Web Design, for $6.95" - As anyone on here that has been around for a while will tell you, that's a -very- bad sign..
Their about page is a carbon copy of the site you asked about, they just changed the name.. Fishy all the way around..

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2009, 05:49 AM

Alright, Thanks for the heads up

Old 01-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Web Hosting Master

Ok more info..
They say you get "Unlimited disk space, Unlimited Traffic, AND Web Design, for $6.95" - As anyone on here that has been around for a while will tell you, that's a -very- bad sign..
Their about page is a carbon copy of the site you asked about, they just changed the name.. Fishy all the way around..
, the whole group looks fishy... As Mike suggested, I also recommend staying away from company's that offer "unlimited" bandwidth and space.
All the best,

Old 01-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Web Hosting Master

Ok more info..
lol web design for $6.95? I wonder what the final thing would look like.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Web Hosting Master

lol web design for $6.95? I wonder what the final thing would look like.
My guess is a customized templete from somewhere. Anybody going to try it? Just kidding, don't waste your money.
All the best,

Old 01-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Web Hosting Master

My guess is a customized templete from somewhere. Anybody going to try it? Just kidding, don't waste your money.
All the best,
lol..wouldn't be surprised to see like a dozen websites that look like mine but differ slightly lol..
I'd rather keep my $7 for now, i wouldn't even call it "wasting" money, don't know a better word for that kind of a spending...it'll come to me later

Old 01-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Retired Moderator

lol..wouldn't be surprised to see like a dozen websites that look like mine but differ slightly lol.. At $7, including hosting, I don't think there's any time left to make even a "slight" difference between the designs.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Web Hosting Master

PropspinMike has done a very good research on them. Thanks for that. Definitely that will help many. Everything unlimited is always suspicious.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

At $7, including hosting, I don't think there's any time left to make even a "slight" difference between the designs.
It should say something that their own "main" website design is mostly blank anyways. All of the sites are easily templatemonster style templates, and haven't even been edited..
Ahh host that just makes the industry look so good...

Old 01-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

PropspinMike has done a very good research on them. Thanks for that. Definitely that will help many. Everything unlimited is always suspicious.
Comments certainly appreciated - I'm just sick of hosts trying to get one past people.. While all industries have a few bad apples, this one has always proven to have slightly more than its' fair share..

Old 01-19-2009, 06:54 PM

Thank you all for leaving posts but i see you guys are saying its suspicious that the host shows you get unlimited everything when Hostgator.com basically does the same thing.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Retired Moderator

Thank you all for leaving posts but i see you guys are saying its suspicious that the host shows you get unlimited everything when Hostgator.com basically does the same thing.
There's a difference between random hosts like this and large real companies such as HG who have the infrastructure to support their claims.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:57 PM

There's a difference between random hosts like this and large real companies such as HG who have the infrastructure to support their claims.
Oh ok thanx

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Reliam Inc. Listing 2014-04-24 01:33:50
Noc-PS.com Listing 2014-04-24 01:34:25
Book Your Spot in the WHIR's 6th Annual Hottest Hosts Directory Before it's Too Late! Blog 2014-01-10 12:31:05
SSLGURU Listing 2014-04-24 01:32:21
Jelastic PaaS Moves into the Netherlands with Info.nl Partnership Web Hosting News 2013-03-26 16:13:04