• nvidia geforce4 ti 4600

17 62.96%
  • other

0 0%

Thread: ati or nvidia?

ati or nvidia?

Yes, it's unnecessary.
    No, i don't care.

$60 price difference, Radeon has the higher price. I'll be using it under Windows XP.

Radeon. I've read reviews where the nVidia GeForce 2 beats out the GeForce 4 in some tests.

And if you vote, please reply and explain your choice.

Radeon, I have the 8500DV and the 9700 blows the socks off every pixel

Because I have ATI Stocks oh and I have a ATI video card love it, it's a older model but works great still.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww it's broke

nVidia is winning, but so far only the ATI people have posted anything. If you're going to vote for the GeForce, at least give me some reasons...

Where's Trident on the list? I mean Trident 3D cards rule man!!!

But seriously, I have never had an ATI before, hence nothing against it. But since i got my first Nvidia TnT card, it's Nvidia all the way...

Unless, the ATI proves itself to be really sweet in the FPS arena.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

geforce 4, i went to quakecon and thier drivers suck aperantly <--spelling gah.

anyhow some people won the 9700 or bought them and got back and said they are great on 3kmark or whatever the benchmark program is and then on quake/return to castle wolfenstien well thats because that were the games they were sponsoring with the cards in the machines and by giving the money away.

anyhow i believe i would go g4 a ton of games does'nt work with this by way it sounds and i doubt these guys would lie one of the video men from quakecon even said this after getting his and put back in his g4.

and he would'nt lie because ATI donated 100grand to the winners so they would'nt just do it for fun

I will vote for ati radeon 9700

I have a geforce 4 but I would go with the Radeon right now.

The new Radeon is almost twice as fast as the current geforce 4. The higher the resoultion the beter the Radeon was.

I know Microsoft use to use ATI for all of there inhouse systems, I don't know if they still do.

nVidia forever.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

The ATI Radeon 9700, is just a wonderfull video card. I am looking forward to upgrading asap. Ive viewed several benchmarks and im sold. The most solid benchmark being tomshardware guide, which is a very very respected reviewer, he has the 9700 out in front. However youll want agp 8x to really make the 9700 fly.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

This is supposed to be a forum for professionals, not gamers right?

Have you seen the sharpness of the 2D of the ATI cards? No nVidia card ever comes close.

Ok so let's talk games. The smoothness I play Quake Arena online is amazing. Coupled with an AMD XP+ CPU and a good board, nothing beats the combo.

ATI releases drivers slower than nVidia's Detonator but now ATI is releasing unified drivers that kick butt.
    Like I said, I have the Radeon 8500DV which has TV receiver and capturing board. Totally awesome. I'll get a 9700 Wonder for Christmas, coupled with Doom III of course

nVidia for two reasons:

1) Better drivers (overall) and updated more often.
    2) My best friend was a former tech rep for ATi and...well, you learn things about a company that will generally put you off of the company for a long...lllllllllong time.
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley

ATI Radeon 9700 hands down!!! You just cant touch the performance with its Directx 9 compatibility and 8x AGP ....compare it to the nvidia .... ATI hands down!
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

9700...im running a excuse my language fag force 4 4600...and the 9700 beats the crap out of it...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com