How often should I submit my website to the search engines?

gibbs_h Guest
    no need to submit your site at search engines rather try to attract them by building content and links.

AEVanVogt Guest
    My experience has been that it's a good idea to submit a new website one time to the major search engines after it goes online. As far as I know, they do not like more than one submission of the same website. It is easy to make those kinds of submissions manually and I also don't believe there's much point in submitting to 500 search engines that very few people use, and those kinds of links won't be acknowledged by either Google or Yahoo anyway. I agree with the previous poster about focusing on website development, link building, etc., and my personal preference is to focus as soon as possible on marketing and cost effective advertising to a targeted audience who has money to spend.

Do not go to search engines, instead make them to search & crawl your website.
    Links are the most attention for crawlers. Make crawlers to pay attention on your website by building related links from quality pages not from links forms & unrelated pages.
    Article submission is one of the best way to gain quality links.
    Other than that oneway, resiprocal, threeway links will do.

Aethelwyne Guest
    My experience has been that it's a good idea to submit a new website one time to the major search engines after it goes online. As far as I know, they do not like more than one submission of the same website. It is easy to make those kinds of submissions manually and I also don't believe there's much point in submitting to 500 search engines that very few people use, and those kinds of links won't be acknowledged by either Google or Yahoo anyway.
    Basically my thought as well.
    I agree with the previous poster about focusing on website development, link building, etc., and my personal preference is to focus as soon as possible on marketing and cost effective advertising to a targeted audience who has money to spend.
    That's a sound advise. Pretty logical since it's the way serach engines works.

Anything that wastes your time should be avoided. This is one of many ways to waste your time.

I would only submit to a search engine once! Let their robots do the rest!

notepage Guest
    You really should not have to submit your website to search engines. They should find it through spidering.
    You may want to submit to "directory sites" though. I find doing a few a day makes the links build gradually over time.

What type of content should a web hosting site (basic) should have?

Natural search engine traffic as compared to paid search traffic provides a highly qualified visitor which results in higher online sales lead conversion rates, plus increases the average amount of time a user spends on your website.

As some already said before, there is no real need for submitting them to SEs. A good way of getting a new site indexed fast is, writing a catchy article (if there is a blog) and submit it to digg. If people like it, you will also get backlinks, which increases your PR.

SteveBarrat Guest
    The key in getting maximum exposure on the SE's is by gaining useful websites linking to your site.. this brings up your link popularity and eventually a higher rank for your keywords.. however web hosting is a very competative niche

cfot Guest
    None, build links instead. They will find you. I had google crawl a new site once 30 minutes after posting a link on a social site.

demtron Guest
    There is no need any more to submit to more than Google, Yahoo and MSN. In fact, the previous posters here correct in that posting a link on a social site or other heavily-trafficked site will be just as effective or more effective. I have had brand new sites crawled in less than 12 hours by linking in this way without submitting the site directly.

Mikeantony Guest
    Yes if you submit your site ones in to the search engine that is well than no need to submit your site in to the search engine.

streamwt Guest
    You only need to submit your website to the major search engines only one. Multiple submissions doesnt effect on your position

webbyguy Guest
    On my first site I submitted to all of the search engines, and it took months to actually get indexed. From then on I don't submit to any of them, and I get indexed in a couple of days to a couple of weeks. Just posting a link from some other site works best.

Never! Simply getting your URL out there where they can find it is all you ever need to do if it is worthy of being indexed.
    Due to the rules of these forums this is not the best place to get it out but there are many webmaster forums where you could ask for a site review.

Colby.. WHT also has a web site reviews section - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10. Your right there is rules in place which mean a new member must make at least 5 posts before being able to post a hyper linked URL. :-) But the OP has 3, so if they make a few more posts I'm sure they can ask for a site review in the section on here.

David` Guest
    Its not usefull to submit your site into search engine frequently. But Yes we have to submit it if add some new pages to the site. so in that case its required to submit into search engine.

Its not usefull to submit your site into search engine frequently. But Yes we have to submit it if add some new pages to the site. so in that case its required to submit into search engine.
    Sigh*** finding and indexing sites is what search engine bots do all day every day and you simply do not have to submit your site to the search engines ever!
    Once you get the first page in say Googles index, googlebot will read every link on that page and dutifully report them back to the indexing server to put in the crawling queue . And they regularly respider all the pages in their index at different intervals.