Thread: Can I Do This

Can I Do This

Hi all,

A few months ago i registered a domain name called pixelphase.com, and a month ago someone registered a domain named called pixelphase.net. I was wondering if i could get them to give up their domain name. It is not trademarked. Any suggestions.

bostnboy328

unless it is directly harming your business, you can't do anything about it.

You can only contact the buyer of pixelphase.net and well, offer money for it. I really can't think of any other way, unless the person who bought it is kind and willing to give it up for a low price...[I highly doubt this though.]
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

If you were worried about someone getting the name, why didn't you buy them all up before?

-WC-

Why bother?

Why bother? They will only be sending you traffic and not the other way round.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Read up on the UDRP process. Here's a good place to start: http://www.udrplaw.net

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

Yeah i kinda figured it was almost impossible to do anything. But, thought i ask for some of your wise advice. You guys are right, they will probably be giving me traffic so its all good. Thanks for all your help.

Bostnboy328