Thread: Please Help Me!

Hybrid View

Please Help Me!

Ok now the following error happens because I want to write to a file I have created and CHMOD to 777, but it gives me this error instead What are the numbers "10003" and "2525" suppose to mean? I don't know if I'm getting this error because I am basically creating a file in 3 directories ahead of where the script is held. But I really need help on this, please!

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10003 is not allowed to access boards/topics/Socializing/Please work!+data owned by uid 2525 in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/penchosting.com/httpdocs/my1bb/topic.php on line 199

- Shawn

Are the files owned by the same people? You may want to "chown nobody:nobody blah" where blah is the file that you're writing to. Sounds like the file is owned by a different user, although that shouldn't matter if it's 777.

Kinda strange. Could you show some ls output of both files?

Thanks.
    - joey

What do you mean owned by the same person?
    I can create the file with touch(), but then I can't chmod it, nor write to it, but all the directories leading up to it have permissions to 777, so it SHOULD work, but it doesn't.
    Please anyone????

You could manually CHMOD it by FTP
    EZScripts - Quality PHP Scripts, Low Price (includes Custom Scripting on request.)
    http://www.EZScripts.net/

That's quite impossible, because this script is a Bulletin Board, and I can't always chmod new topifcs
    I have to use the chmod function, or else I can't write to it, and if I can't write to it, then the file will be 0kb, and if the file is empty, then it can't quite be chmod via FTP.
    Please help me someone

- Shawn

Erm... I'm not too sure but SAFE MODE Restriction in effect usually means that many of the file functions are desabled like fopen, fwrite, etc. Oh and CHMOD never works. I've tried soo many things but it never works. Unless you want to use Shell Commands...

Well I can chmod files just fine, just not in a case where the file is in 3 directories away, it has to be like 1 away, or the same directory the script I am executing is in.

Thanks for trying to help, anyone else got any idea?
    - Shawn

ask your host to disable safe_mode (unlikely) or request that they add the directory to their base_dir.

Originally posted by turnball
    ask your host to disable safe_mode (unlikely) or request that they add the directory to their base_dir.
    Thanks man. Do you know if those 2 options are my ownly choices? I thought maybe there was a function or two that could temporarily disable the safe mode.

- Shawn