Starting to narrow down my selection:
    Have any of you dealt with the following companies? Pros and Cons about each one?
    1. Site Ground
    2. Verio -
    3. FastHosts.com
    4. Surpass Hosting
    5. All Reseller.com
    6. Host Nine
    I found reviews on siteground at the following link...
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/SiteGround.html
    is the above link a reliable source for reviews?
    Verio: "Do I have to have business licenses etc to start using them?", I am going to get into business licenses once I start to really grow.
    Thanks!

Anyone? My shared hosts expires tonight don't want to renew as im going into reseller hosting.
    Thanks!

I don't think you need a business license to get the reseller account with verio; BUT, you might want to consider registering your business if that is required by law where you live. Best to be starting out the right way, no?

I am aware of laws etc and pay the IRS as a sole proprietorship. What I meant is do I have to be an LLC, INC etc?
    Thanks

You don't have to be incorporated; it might be a good idea depending on where you are, if you have partners/investors, etc. but it's not strictly necessary.

I am aware of laws etc and pay the IRS as a sole proprietorship. What I meant is do I have to be an LLC, INC etc?
    Thanks
    I agree with trustedurl, working under a sole prop. might not be enough to protect you should something go wrong. When you're dealing with vital business assets companies will want to be compensated for any loss; chances are, you won't be able to cover this yourself unless you turn around and try to get the money from the original host. With something more substantial like an LLC, it's my understanding that they can only "attack" the LLC and cannot come after any of your personal assets; I don't think you get this same protection as a sole prop.
    I am by no means a lawyer, but I considered the different business types just this past year and this was the way they were explained to me by my accountant (see, not a lawyer either).
    Good luck.

Hi
    Fasthosts can be a bit expensive. It maybe good to let us all know your requirements, as they maybe a solution one of us can recommend to you.
    Also have you taken a look at the RESELLER HOSTING (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130) section of these forums?

Anyone? My shared hosts expires tonight don't want to renew as im going into reseller hosting.
    If you switch from shared hosting to reseller hosting, you should get a small reseller account and upgrade to bigger plan later.
    Upgrade process is easy and does not affect existing accounts.