Down for me now, anyone else?

yes i have 18 servers offline.

me too, my 7 servers all cannot login and fdc website cannot connect! i try using just-ping.com, all result is timeout! fdcservers is down right now!

Me too.
    Farking blows.

... Funny I was complaining about massive lag on 3 of my boxes the tech said there was no issues and rebooted my servers, now there hole network is out.

geez. hope they'll fix this asap -_-

1 server is also down and I can't access their support site from Europe

boole Guest
    Our two FDC dedicated linux servers and the website (& crm) are all down for me too.
    Any news FDC?? Whats going on?

now back online....

I have been wanting to get off of FDC.. but I am so scared to move my box to another datacenter.
    I use cpanel, and I don't know what the best way to move my server is. I don't use the box very much AT ALL, and I need a cheaper place to host it (I barely use 300 GB a month nowadays and I'm on there unlimited b/w racks.. sucks I know)
    Should I have the server shipped directly from FDC to my new datacenter? (I live in NY, server is in CHI, and I'd find another provider in chicago.. so I don't think it's worth shipping it all the way here then back, it will take longer)
    I'm worried about downtime and junk.. please let me know if you have a good solution, and a good 100 MB company in CHI

Im back online

boole Guest
    woohoo back online!

Yes the downtime was 16 minutes.

back online..

we were down as well.... downtime was about 15 minutes. The last 4-5 days have been horrible as we have had periods of buffering on our shoutcast servers lasting 10-30 minutes, twice a day..... today, Sunday we have had two episodes in the morning alone. Tickets have gone unanswered, etc.
    I think it's time for me to look for a new datacenter.

yup, as you may have noticed, nobody even dared to put this up on their forum, coz their mods/admins cannot take critics.
    they'll just tell you to open a ticket, or something like "maybe it was only at your end".
    or worse, will immediately delete your thread. yup, they're famous for this kind of unprofessional behavior.
    pricks.

ejoker Guest
    yup, as you may have noticed, nobody even dared to put this up on their forum, coz their mods/admins cannot take critics.
    they'll just tell you to open a ticket, or something like "maybe it was only at your end".
    or worse, will immediately delete your thread. yup, they're famous for this kind of unprofessional behavior.
    pricks.
    I have seen this happend on other host too..

They finally posted something on their forum:
    We have noticed series of fairly large DDOS attacks during last 4 days. Some of them have caused increased latency and there was one that have caused 15 minute downtime for some customers around 4AM earlier today.
    Our staff is standing by, monitoring the network to filter any new attacks as quickly as possible.
    thank you
    FDCservers
    The sad part is that it took them 4 days to actually tell the customers what was going on.
    Ty

ejoker Guest
    Well.. Sometimes hard to tell really..
    My 2cents

This is getting beyond a joke now, they really need to get this sorted - blocking attacks 30 minutes after they start just isn't good enough when it's happening a couple of times a day.

Even to this day it still seems to be happening. I was buffering like a mad banshee for about 20 minutes last night. There does seem to be a trend, though. It seems to happen in the morning and then again in the evening, with an infrequent blip in between. Troubles tickets for help are still going unanswered.

Tthey have been answering my tickets. They have said that the server that is being attacked has been terminated and that should stop the problems.