Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by Ultravox
    Hey!!! got it. It must be with Studio64
    I swear I don't have it
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

Sheesh!
    I understand about not being able to find something. My mind simply won't rest until I do, even if I didn't need it, but simply remembered I own it, and I want to know where it is.
    however, when it comes to the remote, I never lose mine (covered in dust on the shelf over my bed) because I don't use it. I push the little button on the TV when I want to watch it. I watch the same channel every night, and it has a timer so it turns off at 1am or so.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Forget that remote. I am going to have 2 mugs of beer now

I checked all those places. I was hoping that when I woke up, it would magically apear in my hand, no such luck. The thing is, it wasent in any common place, generally the culprit is my recliner, and I turned that thing inside out. You know, I just dont have a lot of places to loose it in. The furniture I have it not much. I have
    a. computer chair
    b. recliner
    c. aerobed
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

I don't know what your place looks like, but maybe you moved the remote when you moved everything to one side when you searched for it.

Have you checked ALL the cupboards and book-shelves and drawers?

What might have happened as well is that when you went up during the night you accidentaly stepped on it, and either kicked it out of the way or put it somewhere, and because you were so sleepy, you don't remember you did it anymore. I used to put on the bed-lamp and not remember doing it in the morning, so it's not impossible.

If you start searching for it again, don't move all the stuff in one go, take a portion at a time. Check under and behind. Lift cousions.

I'm not so sure what an aerobed is, but push your hand down in any crevices. Remotes can dissapere in the smallest places.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

didnt happen, there are only two things it could go under(and it would barely fit) the desk(checked) and the fridge(checked). When I moved everything, I did it one thing at a time. Everytime I lifted a peaice of clothing I would shake it out to make sure nothing was there. I moved everything seperatelly.

An areobed is an inflatible one. Just sits in the center of my room, I checked it, nothing there.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.

Re: I LOST MY MIND, HElP mE!!!!

Originally posted by davidb
    HOW DOES THIS JUST GET LOST.
    I feel your pain. I always seem to lose my watch once in a while too.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Then I don't know what else you can do.

Exept, maybe... try again tomorrow with a fresh mind, and ask some friends over for a "treasure hunt".
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

Question: Do you have small wild monkeys roaming freely about? If not well then I'm fresh out of suggestions.

Should we tell davidb that the forum decided to play a practical joke on him and we all slipped into his house when he was sleeping and snagged it, just so he would post this story of how he 'lost it' and we could all snicker at his pain? Nahhhhh... Shhhh
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

IM SO ALONE, chicken you are so mean ::Cries::

and to think, all those times I bad mouthed you behind your back...I mean, said kind things....

eh, I am ready to go home at lunch and start again. I just hope I can find it.

hrrrrrm

You could use the situation to your advantage, and actually get up from the seat and manually change channels etc..... Think of all the calories you can burn off this way

I hate changing digital cable channels. Its got a delay between changing them. I have to go like 60 channels just to get to the movies, then if theres nothing on. If it was a regular tv, I would have no problem with it, plus the channels are much closer together there anyway.

erm, david, you forgot about me....you know, the guy who's been waiting about 12 hours to fight ya.....brrr its cold *puts jacket on, remote falls out*
    Cube X Hosting
    www.CXHosting.com
    AIM: CubeXH, Yahoo: CubeXH

daividb,
    Just check your undies.

Well, I have given up. I guess Ill prob find it when I start packing next week. At any rate, thanks for the suggestions, even though it dosent put a remote in hand. There goes 80 bucks.

you tried in the pillow cases? or inside your quilt cover, you may say its strange but stranger things have happened.

also check the entire route to the bathroom and the kitchen.
    www.microsolder.uk - Microsoldering Services in the UK

I did this, this morning (weird sounding sentence)...

After watching the morning news I grabbed my work and walked out to the car. Threw it all on the passenger seat and drove off.

I took my remote w/ me and it's now sitting in my car. My roomates gonna be wigged out when he can't find it when he gets home...

Search the car
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

I checked all those places

I just wish there is some place someone could say, and I would respond, oh I didnt check there, then I go home and find it

I checked all those places

I just wish there is some place someone could say, and I would respond, oh I didnt check there, then I go home and find it
    Your pockets? I did that once, had to grab something with both hands while holding remote, put it in pocket, forgot about it, almost put it in washer/dryer
    Cube X Hosting
    www.CXHosting.com
    AIM: CubeXH, Yahoo: CubeXH

DON'T use those keyring things...I actually managed to loose one, discovered it several months later while camping, wrapped in a pair of hiking socks - it had muffled the beeping Good technology can be so useless sometimes.

OK, look between the matress and the box spring.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

its a bed made of air

its a bed made of air
    Only people in Heaven get those! How is it up there?!
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

So your theory is that he died and went to heaven? Me thinks he may have kicked the bucket, but without the remote, he may have gone down not up. Hell is a TV without a remote.

What?! Get up and change the channel??? Pfffffftttttt...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

I feel your pain

what about your wardrobe ?
    clothes drawers ?
    laundry basket ?
    washing machine (don't laugh I've found things in my washing machine)

unless you have a canine companion ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast