Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please Check out my Designers site.

Hi my designer asked me to post his website so he can get some feedback.

his website is www.stopstar.com.au

Tell us what you think...

Give him heaps

Kind regards
    Phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

looks good!
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

The sounds seem kinda low-quality.
    http://www.alturus.ca
    Professional Web-Design/Programming

Your CSS2.0/XHTML table-less guru. Pushing for properly coded webpages.

lol, those prices are pretty expensive, even though they're in Aussie.
    Limbo Designs - The Future of Design
    Affordable Web/graphic design solution.
    www.limbo-designs.com
    Founder, Mathew Chan

2 things...sound and pricing...$44/m for 5MB of space and 500MB Transfer? My dad got more than that for 25$ a year. Im not even going to comment on the $110 setup fee on that plan.

Their website looks quite good, but maybe it could do without frames?

Oh and what they're charging for web hosting does seem to be far overpriced from the general market.

Originally posted by Limbo
    lol, those prices are pretty expensive, even though they're in Aussie.
    PRICE $44/month
    DISK SPACE 5 MB
    DATA TRANSFER 500 MB
    WEB PAGES 10 (MAX)
    EMAIL BOXES 5 (name@yourdomain)
    DOMAIN REGO $165/year
    SETUP FEE $110 (once only)
    DESIGN COST $2750

www.rackfive.com
    Aquired by Data Provider LLC.

I'd demand a better, clean coded, non-framed, up-to-date design for $2750.

Am I at a grocery store, or a web-page? Some of the sounds have to go.
    http://www.alturus.ca
    Professional Web-Design/Programming

Your CSS2.0/XHTML table-less guru. Pushing for properly coded webpages.

honestly... this guy has very little skill with graphics. i think the site looks horrible. i dont see a single thing that this so called designer drew. its just some photos with color overlays and a few gradients.

Um everything is your opinions of course...

The pricing for hosting is for AUSTRALIAN hosting and these prices are decent for Australian based servers etc.

Everything on the site is AUD by the way.

Do designers draw? i thought that was for artists etc.

And the hosting is not for the general market but for SME's

Kind regards and give him more suggestions.

Phillip
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

blackdog my designer asks what is your site?

Alturus i think you posted something like that about my website also ( Obviously the same person designed it ) but i dont believe how pretty the html etc is has anything to do with how it all comes together and works.

And i think your fingers are stuck on the Copy and Paste because your comments are becoming borning.

Thanks
    phillip

I did not like the green and yellow colors on your site. The navigation buttons looks quite big. Your header looks good.

those sounds are really really loud and really really bad. Original block style design and color- I can't figure out if I like it or not, but probably wouldn't want to revisit it as the sound kills me.

I did not like it. Looks something weird.

Originally posted by Choppy
    Do designers draw? i thought that was for artists etc.
    This isn't pointed at you or your designer, but personally I don't like this assumption. To be a good designer, I think you should be an artist. You don't have to be able to draw plans or paint a Monet, but you should have some background in art. Just knowing how to use Photoshop and Dreamweaver doesn't make you a designer. A designer needs to know design ... design is a form of art.

As for the site, everything looks really big. The links at the top are large, the boxes on the side are large, shrink the type down on these. You may not have a lot of content, but by making the text really big, it draws attention to it I think. Ditch the frames too. It doesn't look like they really serve a particular purpose or benefit.

Sorry, I gotta agree with Above Center here on everything, including the "big-ness" of the site. Right now, three words come to mind when I view the site: big, chunky, and blocky. I don't even see the text; I'm too distracted by the header and blocky side nav.

i dont like the sounds either...

make the site sound like a startrek epsiode or something.

regards

Nice site!

I think it looks a bit amaturish - too many things flashing & moving & a bit blocky.

Prices look crazy - but it does say Ozzy $, so after conversion it may be reasonable I don't know.

The bit I disliked the most was the Bio link - you are selling a professional service - why do people care that you like swimming or your favourite movie is Apollo13..? If I was a potential customer - the moment I saw that I would close the browser - it makes it look like you are 14
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

NovaW i personly think you are wrong about the BIO.

I like to think i know who i am dealing with on a person basis the bio is an excellent idea.

Im not sure how things work in other countries but the bio like this has been the cause of getting him some very big clients etc.

Anyway you hurt his feelings now.

Kind regards

Phillip

Originally posted by Choppy
    blackdog my designer asks what is your site?
    sorry, i haven't looked in this thread since i posted. here is my latest project... still in development
    http://eclipsegfx.com/newsite

and of course designers draw. if they dont, what are they designing? simply where the text goes?

Blackdog,
    You need to post a new thread for review.

no i dont.

Thanks blackdog.

Well thank you all for your opinions etc.

He still gets a good amount of customers from that site and im not talking about small jobs either.

We are happy with our site and were happy to pay him very well for it.

Thank you all for the reviews.

Kind Regards
    Phillip

Im not sure how things work in other countries but the bio like this has been the cause of getting him some very big clients etc.

Anyway you hurt his feelings now.

It was just my opinion - no offense intended & give him my apologies if my post upset him. Sometimes I tend to be a bit blunt with my comments.

If that kind of bio has brought in clients then thats all that matters - ignore my opinion & go with what works
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast