Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, if one would equate "high end" with minimum chances of anyone overloading the server even if only temporarily, this certainly looks like it. High end commonly implies a high cost, and this is an expression of exactly that.

Wow, I am surprised to see such a limitation at Pair - I always thought they are a high end host, but with such ridiculous policies...
    It is actually very very limited. Usually hosting company place 20-25.
    DTH have for example 50 Mysql user connection limit what is 2x more than mostly hosting company.
    When i was some time a go hosted by Defender Technologies Group (well known for quality) project Power360hosting limit was set to 0.
    Imagine not any limit on shared hosting server. So far i know only Medialayer do not limit Mysql max_user_connection value.

Imagine not any limit on shared hosting server. So far i know only Medialayer do not limit Mysql max_user_connection value.
    And they're not having server performance issues, so limiting max_user_connections isn't absolutely necessary.

You shouldn't use shared hosting any way with forums. Even well written ones like vBulletin or IBP run much much better on VPS and with the cost of a VPS anymore, its just easier and makes more sense to use a VPS over shared hosting for forums.
    This is a common misconecption that a VPS will solve every problem. We have clients on our clustered and shared hosting that have tried VPS hosting even with 512mb of ram that have come back.
    Often a shared provider will offer better performance than a VPS a low end one anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12