hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : WORST NIGHTMARE!

Forum Jump

WORST NIGHTMARE!

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 PM
WHT Addict

Please save your selves nerves and AVOID AT ALL COSTS company named: SERVERLOFT
They are worst thing I ever had in history of my life regarding not only hosting but anything I bought.
In short, I setup my account with 3 VPS running on their Host. After 2 days my VPS were losing connection randomly. So I contacted them. They respond every week to the ticket. However after waiting for week they told me that my account is suspended because of generating DoS attacks. LOGs they gave me show that traffic is going TO my IP address and on port 1033. This is clean Win XP machine with only SQL Server Express installed (running on port 1033) on it. And no one has access to it, except my customer which connects to SQL Server database. I have exactly the same VPS image backed up, so I scanned it with latest scanners and it is 100% clean. I bought server from another host and placed exactly the same VPS and it runs without problems. Before I switched to SERVERLOFT that exactly the same VPS was working for 6 months. So possibility that it is source of attacks is 0. Also I looked at security forums and this was obviously attack to SQL Server on port 1033 from outside (if there was attack at all, read on).
Anyway, because I had backup VPS I told them I will reinstall OS (they have automatic reinstall) but my server hung. I contact them and they (after few days) told me that there is problem with my server and it cannot boot. They told that they are working fast and it will soon be repaired. I did not get reply after that for 4 days. So I decided to cancel my account, and requested cancellation. They did not respond for 3 days. I called them many times until I finally managed to get them, and they told me they will immediately respond to my cancellation.
Now another 3 days have passed and no one responds.
How to BLOCK THESE THIEVES from charging my CC again, since they do not want to close my account?! I will have to sacrifice first month I payed them (although I used server for 2 days, one of which was setup), but how to stop them to charge me again?
PLEASE SAVE YOURSELVES NERVES AND MONEY AND AVOID THESE THIEVES AT ALL COSTS.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Change your card numbers to something else in customer panel and they will have no access
<< snipped >>

Old 01-07-2009, 05:19 PM
WHT Addict

Hi,
I would like to do that however when I try to do so I get message:
"Please note: Your server has been blocked."
Any other idea how to stop charging me again?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Katie hunter

Hi, sorry to head that =(
Never ever use a credit card to pay something online, i always use paypal. The only way is to call your bank and cancel your card and ask for disputation.
i've done it before, the bank closed my cc card, send me a new one and investigated the matter and the amount that was taken from me, was put back into my account after a week.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM
WHT Addict

Thank you Katie hunter, I will contact my bank.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Community Liaison

Hi, sorry to head that =(
Never ever use a credit card to pay something online, i always use paypal.
I believe they only allow paypal if you pay annually.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 PM
WHT Addict

did you use paypal? then its a subscription recurring, you got to cancel that

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Host Site5 Adds Second Brazilian Location Web Hosting News 2013-11-26 14:30:35
Excessive Employee Privileges Bring Unnecessary Risk to Organizations: Study Web Hosting News 2013-10-22 16:04:58
NSA Records Millions of Phone Calls, Texts in France Web Hosting News 2013-10-21 15:08:49
Is The Power Grid Ready for Worst-Case Scenarios? Web Hosting News 2013-09-30 09:27:07
cPanel Conference 2012: Branding and How to Do it Better with Felipe Gasper Web Hosting News 2012-10-09 18:00:02