Please help me choose...

I am about to launch a major ad campaign and I'm trying to determine whether I should take a more conservative approach, or one with a bit more humor and levity.

I have 2 skyscraper ads displayed at http://www.demodemo.com/banners.html . Please let me know which one "turns your crank" more. Which approach should I take?

Thanks.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Dang it! I like both of them! But I guess that being in the business you're in, it's best to go conservative.

I like the green one. It steps right up and announces itself without being too loud.
    Regards,
    Karen
    -----
    Reseller Accounts and Dedicated Servers

I think either is fine as well. As a matter of fact, I think I prefer the one on the left. To me, it gets the point across better.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

since it is a banner ... it got to be catchy , i would go with the green one
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: [email protected] | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : [email protected] |

I like the right one much better, but it depends a bit on where you want to place the banner. On other sites all over the web? Then I'd go with the green one. The silver/grey one has a more professional look to me, but might just look like part of the (non - your) site it's on.

In general the green one has more a 'get the credit you deserve' or an insurance of some kind feel to me.

But that's just me~~

Thanks for the input.

The banner, to start, will be going into a few HTML newsletters that are primarily targetted to web hosts. I'm kind of partial to the animated one, mainly because it grabs your attention.

Tough choice...

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I like the right one more. It looks simple and cool.

Both of them look good. You can go ahead with Green one.

Originally posted by vito
    . . . . . kind of partial to the animated one, mainly because it grabs your attention.. . .
    Exactly. So why mess around with confusing choices?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Exactly. So why mess around with confusing choices?
    It's just that after you stare at them for so long, you tend to lose perspective, and need outside opinions. I appreciate your input...

Vito

I thought the green one was for gardening or lawn care at first. ('course I've been on a bunch of gardening sites today looking for advice on a new plant so I may not be completely impartial) The green IS eye-catching but so's the big "yes" on the right.

Thanks, Bill.

I've decided that the best thing to do is use both banners in rotation and monitor click-through rates to determine the better performer.

Vito

I feel really bad saying this, but I don't like either one of them. Neither compells me to click on it. I'm sorry!
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

Thanks for your input.
    Oh well. Can't reach out and touch everyone, I guess...

Vito