im looking for a webhost that offers cpanel and i would also like to be able to run a video based site, like youtube, so they need to have those modules enabled/installed on the server, that are required.
    curl enabled i guess
    all the works.
    what sites would i check out, good prices also?

Hi,
    You have not required something special, so the best you can do is to review the offerings section. Here you can receive customers reviews and opinions about their own web hosting providers. What kind of software do you use or want to use to power the video sharing website?

these kinds of video sites could use up a lot of CPU and ram power if you tend to make it a public video uploading place like youtube. you could try for a vps but it really depends on what kind of videos you are hosting and what you plan on doing with it.

You'll probably need ffmpeg/ffmpeg-php mencoder, and some other modules installed, you better check the software requirements and then start your search.

You'll probably need ffmpeg/ffmpeg-php mencoder, and some other modules installed, you better check the software requirements and then start your search.
    ya those encoders. its not going to be a huge site, just want to be able to upload and share flash videos, like youtube. there are a ton of youtube clone scripts, and i have a few, but i was never able to use them on my server because i didnt have the encoders installed.

ya those encoders. its not going to be a huge site, just want to be able to upload and share flash videos, like youtube. there are a ton of youtube clone scripts, and i have a few, but i was never able to use them on my server because i didnt have the encoders installed.
    Many hosts support it, the conversion process is resources intensive, therefore you don't want to be hosted with a host offering this server for a too low price.

which host supports it with cpanel? thats what im interested in. all suggetions are welcomed.

Saying the web site will be like you tube makes me think you will need clusters of hundrends of servers. I'm fairly sure this may be out of your price range
    Just find some hosts off of WHT you like, and contact them via say their sales dept, and ask them if they have what it takes to support your website. (the space/bandwidth/encoders, ect)

Saying the web site will be like you tube makes me think you will need clusters of hundrends of servers. I'm fairly sure this may be out of your price range
    It is not that a video site needs clusters some sites are running without the cluster servers, it is needed only when the users are more, the bandwidth used is more but the video scripts are not supported by most of the hosts because they run the servers in low end servers, you can try surely with a dedicated server

wow, all i want is to know what host are out there that have cpanel and the capability to host a flash driven stream site. im not gunna be on the level of youtube, i wanna use it mainly for testing the script so i can learn it then go from there....
    please reply with suggestion to hosting companies that are able to offer me what im looking for. thanks. im still searching...

Take a look here Valley: http://www.cirtexhosting.com/ffmpeg-hosting.shtml

There is a software - PHPMelody - which can help you to display video files by using accounts in more than 20 different video networks. This allows you to save money on storage and to create something like own video files collection even on shared hosting account.
    There is another option - to use any of the "YouTube clone" software applications and to install it on your VPs or dedicated server. This however means that you have to invest in business class hosting solutions. As far as for the web hosts, there are plenty of them around and most offer cPanel as a part of their hosting services.

im looking for a webhost that offers cpanel and i would also like to be able to run a video based site, like youtube, so they need to have those modules enabled/installed on the server, that are required.
    curl enabled i guess
    all the works.
    If u r going for shared check with godaddy or hostgator.. If going for dedicated m recomenting u to check with liquidweb the best in dedicated
    For vidio host better take high bandwidth and disk space from any of those

There are a lot out there that can cater to your requirements.
    You are definitely not going to find it hard to locate a host that suites your needs.
    Try looking on this forum as there are tons of hosts here that can cater to your needs.

i am trying citrex. thanks.

i am trying citrex. thanks.
    Good luck and make sure to post back how well they work out for you (specifically in 2 to 3 months).

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    There is a software - PHPMelody - which can help you to display video files by using accounts in more than 20 different video networks. This allows you to save money on storage and to create something like own video files collection even on shared hosting account.
    There is another option - to use any of the "YouTube clone" software applications and to install it on your VPs or dedicated server. This however means that you have to invest in business class hosting solutions. As far as for the web hosts, there are plenty of them around and most offer cPanel as a part of their hosting services.
    PHP Melody is the best

WHT offer section can provide you with a list of providers. What is your budget for hosting also what is your location for the site

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyPCTech View Post
    curl enabled i guess
    all the works.

You will definitely need a dedicated server for such project. In order to run the video on your server properly, the server must be powerful and should have the following configuration in my opinion:

1) Apache + Nginx as the second web server in order to cache static contents
    2) Mysql 5.0 and higher
    3) Install CSF firewall with the following configuration:

TESTING=”0”
    AUTO_UPDATES=”1”
    LF_SCRIPT_ALERT = "1"
    SMTP_BLOCK = "1"
    SAFECHAINUPDATE = "1"
    LF_SSHD = "5"
    LF_FTPD = "10"
    LF_SMTPAUTH = "5"
    LF_POP3D = "10"
    LF_IMAPD = "10"
    LF_HTACCESS = "5"
    LF_CPANEL = "5"
    LF_MODSEC = "5"
    LF_CPANEL_ALERT = "1"
    LF_SCRIPT_ALERT = "1"
    LF_DIRWATCH = "300"
    LF_INTEGRITY = "3600"
    PT_SKIP_HTTP = "0"
    PT_ALL_USERS = "1"
    DENY_IP_LIMIT = "500"
    DENY_TEMP_IP_LIMIT = "500”
    PT_USERKILL_ALERT = "0"

4)) Configure Apache, Exim and

PHP :

expose_php = off
    register_globals = Off
    memory_limit = 64M
    enable_dl = Off
    disable_functions = show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open, allow_url_fopen
    executorsuhosin..include.whitelist = bfa://, tmpl://

As your required, I think you can try hosting that special offer with ASP.NET technology.
    Web Hosting for ASP.NET | Reliable Webhosting
    Support Latest ASP.NET, MVC,PHP, MSSQL 2012

This thread is 3 years old.

I would think most hosts would be willing to install ffmpeg for you. Since your requirements are not particularly demanding - just go for a host with the best reviews.
    █ CanSpace Solutions - www.canspace.ca - Canada's leading domain registrar and web hosting provider
    Premium Canadian Web Hosting and .ca domains. Trusted by Canada's largest corporations
    Affordable Web Hosting | 24/7 Support | CIRA CERTIFIED | Proudly Canadian