hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : Fabulous.com or Gandi.net?

Forum Jump

Fabulous.com or Gandi.net?

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I am trying to find a secure and good registrar for my important domain names and ended up with two registars: Fabulous.com and Gandi.net. Given that price doesn't matter (as I said, this is for my most important domains; heck, I would even have gone to Network Solutions had they had good rep), which do you recommend?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Web Hosting Master

I haven't used Gandi.net, but Fabulous live up to their name. Great support. Great company.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:19 PM

I like namecheap the best, they are very reliable and excellent service!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2009, 01:33 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

As I remember Fabulous do not accept retail customer. CMIIW.
I have domain with www.gandi.net
They are great. Support is excellent. Also the prices came along with plenty of free feature, like email forwarding, pop email, blog hosting, whois privacy, dns hosting, etc.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:14 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I haven't used Gandi.net, but Fabulous live up to their name. Great support. Great company.
I can second that.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

fabulous.com is great....... definitely the top choice
look into www.moniker.com as well
good luck!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Web Hosting Master

I've used Gandi before, it's pretty nice. But haven't used Fabulous.
All the best,

Old 01-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

As I remember Fabulous do not accept retail customer.
If I'm not mistaken, they do, albeit for a higher price.
I know that in my original post, I said that price doesn't matter, but here's a question: does their level of service deserves their higher-than-normal prices (esp. with Gandi)? I mean, it'll be foolish to pay more when I'll be haunted with horrible services (otherwise, I could have just gone straight to Network Solutions).

Old 01-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Web Hosting Master

They are very Good. I Purchase in other place 9 years at normal price, and then transfer to them at the high price. Unique domain i have with them but better is secure.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Mike Fabulous

As I remember Fabulous do not accept retail customer.
We do accept Retail customers, however prices are substantially higher than Wholesale accounts. If anyone is interested in pricing or getting an account, please let me know.
For unbiased reviews on various Registrars I would suggest going to RegistrarJudge.com.
Cheers,
Mike
<<signatures to be setup in your profile>>

Old 01-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

They are very Good. I Purchase in other place 9 years at normal price, and then transfer to them at the high price. Unique domain i have with them but better is secure
Which registrar?
We do accept Retail customers, however prices are substantially higher than Wholesale accounts. If anyone is interested in pricing or getting an account, please let me know.
Hi Mike! Good to finally see someone from Fabulous here.
As with my original post, I only intend to transfer some of my domains purely because of security and the great rep I've read from around the net; I'm not really into monetizing domains per se. I've already read it at namepros but would just like to confirm it: how much is your retail pricing? What are your criteria to be accepted for the wholesale accounts?

Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

I think you need 50 domains to be approved, but you don't need to transfer them if you don't want too. But you might, when you see their prices. Over to Mike.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Web Hosting Master

oops !!!
I renew in domaincentral when 6.5 , and one .net in moniker, and then transfer to Fabulous. Now 10 years at the top price. By the qay i dont met the requeriments for the special, a shame.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Mike Fabulous

Hi Mike! Good to finally see someone from Fabulous here.
As with my original post, I only intend to transfer some of my domains purely because of security and the great rep I've read from around the net; I'm not really into monetizing domains per se. I've already read it at namepros but would just like to confirm it: how much is your retail pricing? What are your criteria to be accepted for the wholesale accounts?
Retail pricing is $29.95 across the board for all extensions (.com, .net, .org and .info) we service.
To be eligible for a Wholesale account, you must own 50+ domains. However we are lenient on this amount, depending on the quality of domains.
Cheers,
Mike
<<signatures to be setup in your profile>>

Old 01-09-2009, 05:22 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Retail pricing is $29.95 across the board for all extensions (.com, .net, .org and .info) we service.
Indeed it's around Network Solution's price (with the good service if feedback are to be taken into account). Since I don't have much domains to transfer (as I said, only the important ones), I would be on the retail side.
I just need more first-hand feedback! Bring it on guys!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Gandi to Provide Free Hosting to #hackforgood Winners Web Hosting News 2014-02-07 15:53:46
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - February 1, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-02-01 16:48:55
Web Host Gandi Emphasizes User Customization with Interface Updates Web Hosting News 2012-10-23 16:14:19
Web Host Gandi Provides Domain Management Service to Social News Site Reddit Web Hosting News 2012-10-03 13:26:09
French Web Host Gandi Expands Platform as a Service to US Market Web Hosting News 2012-07-09 10:40:52