fardeen Guest
    hi guys i just sign up for geekstorage.com i want to host my magento online store but since they dont provide one click install for magento i am abit lost i dont no how to install it ? so if any of you know any easy way to install it in geekstorage.com let me know please

jasper_ Guest
    Check out the Magento Commerce Install Guide (http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/magento-installation-guide)

You will need to upload the Magento files, unzip it and configure the database.
    Please note that you will need to upload the "media" files as well as importing the database if you want to have the sample data installed.

Elief! Guest
    Contact them to see if they can install it for you, or if they will grant you SSH access to do the install. There is a guide on the Magento Wiki on how to install it via SSH.

You can download Magento via http://www.magentocommerce.com/download. It is 100% compatible with LiteSpeed, the web server GeekStorage is using. Create the database in your control panel and visit the install.php page in your browser. It takes about 5 minutes to install yourself and is very easy. Submit a ticket to their support department and I'm sure they'll help you through it.

You can download Magento via http://www.magentocommerce.com/download. It is 100% compatible with LiteSpeed, the web server GeekStorage is using. Create the database in your control panel and visit the install.php page in your browser. It takes about 5 minutes to install yourself and is very easy. Submit a ticket to their support department and I'm sure they'll help you through it.
    As others have said, if you need assistance try to submit a ticket for assistance. Most hosts would help.

And to add to the thread - there are no hosts (that I am aware of) that offer a one-click install of Magento.

And to add to the thread - there are no hosts (that I am aware of) that offer a one-click install of Magento.
    There are a few actually. We've developed a 1-click installer, it wasn't that hard. I know a couple of others that have and I imagine many will jump on the bandwagon soon.

There are a few actually. We've developed a 1-click installer, it wasn't that hard. I know a couple of others that have and I imagine many will jump on the bandwagon soon.
    That's where the "that I am aware of" part comes in, I was not aware you had developed one so my original statement still stands as accurate as I left it open to the possibility of me being incorrect.

Actually Installatron has the one-click-installer for Magento but it will only be shown if the server configurations is right. We are using it rather comfortably.

You need to check if GeekStorage provides PDO_ because magento specifically requires PDO_MySQL. There seems to be an option to run magento under mysqli but it didnt work well the last time I tried using mysqli.

well magento is available in installatron but technically it isn't "one click" lol - but very useful in time

Installatron is great but in the case of the Magento installer, I don't think it does too much more than decompressing files and making a database.

Installatron is great but in the case of the Magento installer, I don't think it does too much more than decompressing files and making a database.
    it still saves you the trouble of going on Magento, downloading the stuff, then uploading them, making a database, connecting, and then installing - can't say it's not a more convenient way of installing magento

There are also hosts which offer a complete magento package for you; so a one click does exist; however you will still need to configure magento's backend which is quite a job on itself. It is good if you do not need to worry about the hosting part though.

I have an account with Geek and have successfully installed Magento without the need of any once-click installer. Fairly easy.