Lightbulb Google.com Placement Tips

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to further increase a paticular page's ranking at Google.com? And please dont send me to searchenginewatch.com for ideas, I have already read thier ideas.

I think there was a thread in the Lounge about Google Placement. Might want to take a look there

...Google's AdWords Select: https://adwords.google.com/select/?hl=en ...

...very effective, very inexpensive... you can manage it so info about your page appears on the first returned page of a targeted search... for instance, if your page is about german shepard dogs, you can program google with whichever keywords and keyword phrases you like, such as "german shepard"... when someone types in german shepard in the google search form, your adword will appear on the first page that is returned...
    Mothers of the world unite! Spank your sons and make them quit fighting...

it takes $$$ to make $$$

You can learn how to do it yourself at BruceClay.com or pay Bruce - he ain't cheap.

Or you can do a Google search for the top 3 or 4 keywords you want to rank well for and try to copy their techniques. Of course you should know there are folks whose only job is to examine the top 3 rankings and figure out how they can best them.

As for Google Ad Words - they have great potential but many times (MOST) we do well to just achieve a click through rate high enough to keep Google from disableing us. We can never acheive a high click through rate to get high traffic.

Depends on what your marketing i think (financial services) in our case

There is no magic formula for getting a good google ranking other than good content, updated daily.

Bruce Clay etc are a waste of time and money.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/ is great for google info - they even have a forum member who works for google

Re: Google.com Placement Tips

Originally posted by kkimmel
    Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to further increase a paticular page's ranking at Google.com? And please dont send me to searchenginewatch.com for ideas, I have already read thier ideas.
    "A particular page?" First, determine which key phrase you want the best positioning for, and be sure that the phrase is present in on-page elements: document title, heading tags, alt text, etc. (those things that you read about at searchenginewatch) and, of course, the regular page text. Keep it present there throughout the text. Then, build the page's PageRank by getting links to that particular page both from well-ranked (high PR pages with a limited number of outgoing links on them) pages on your own site and from other sites. That, of course, will be easier if the page's content is worthwhile and interesting -- so that's the real first step.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

I'm thouroughly confused by Google. I first made my pages "search-engine friendly". They were buried in the search pages. A while later, I abandoned all those search-engine tips and just made the pages the way that I wanted. My search ranking went up. I stopped updating the page. It creeped towards the number 1 ranking on Google. Now I'm afraid of updating the page for fear that its ranking will drop. It's been #1 for the past year, never updated.

Go figure...

kreativ, there really could be a few "logical" explanations for that. To start with, a lot of search engine tips you can find on the web are today very much out of date. For example, there's still a lot of talk about meta tag keywords, but they're of minor importance today and of no importance at all on search engines. So to some extent it could be that you were following "inaccurate" advice to begin with, and when you stopped following it you just naturally created effective pages. That is, good content-rich pages can be expected to place reasonably well at Google -- keeping in mind the amount of competition that might exist for any search phrase.

And, Google gives considerable weight to what links are pointing to your pages ("PageRank" is their measure of that). It's probably reasonable to assume that over time the number of links to your pages has increased, so your position has been strengthened.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.