Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

* Free UNLIMITED Space and UNLIMITED Bandwidth!

• Unlimited Data Transfer
    • Unlimited Disk Space
    • 100mbps Network Connection
    • Free Sub Directory ( hostultra.com/~you )
    • Free Domain Hosting ( yourdomain.com )
    • Browser and FTP Uploading
    • PHP
    • Hosting for Unlimited Domains w/ Unlimited Subdomains
    • 100% Free!

http://www.hostultra.com/

No unlimited flames please we are a very profitable company and will not go down
    Server has 99% uptime
    this is real unlimited and we dont put any restrictions on "unlimited" it our terms
    Must be legitimate sites only NOT for file storage or sites with too many downloads, hd backups etc...

READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE at http://www.hostultra.com/tos.html before making any silly unlimited flames please, im trying to provide people with reliable free hosting, if you cant be nice then dont reply to this topic
    High Quality Web Hosting from Host Ultra
    Visit us online at www.hostultra.com

May I ask how do you plan to make any sort of money when you don't even have ads? Not to go against you or anything, but one must wonder

EDIT: Just went through your site again, I missed that little asterik. Nice plan, hope it will work

(start here to read the whole thing)
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=73065
    WYSIWYG

So how "unlimited" is your hard drive space?
    Even better how "unlilmited" is your core network?
    EVERYTHING has it's limits, beit your 10/100 eth0 card or your hard drive.

As far as your TOS, customers would be better off with, say Geocities, or somewher else where at least the host is reasonable with what you can have on your own page..
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

*cough*unlimband.com*cough*

There is a difference between providing UNLIMITED space and having UNLIMITED space.

Originally posted by TheTech
    There is a difference between providing UNLIMITED space and having UNLIMITED space.
    Ofcourse TheTech. Good luck HostUltra.
    Last edited by DutchSchultz; 09-16-2002 at 12:26 AM.

No unlimited flames please we are a very profitable company and will not go down
    Server has 99% uptime
    Not sure how you can be VERY profitable with a single server.

this is real unlimited and we dont put any restrictions on "unlimited" it our terms
    and then right afterward.....

Must be legitimate sites only NOT for file storage or sites with too many downloads, hd backups etc...
    so... is it unlimited or not? Restrictions or not?

And you gotta love this:

100mbps Network Connection
    Yea, it could be hooked up to your little brother's 98 box running ICS on a 56K modem.

And then, the kicker...

READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE at http://www.hostultra.com/tos.html before making any silly unlimited flames please...
    and

if you cant be nice then dont reply to this topic...
    I see that you have 97 posts. You HAVE to have read what happens when you post like this. This is like putting on the deer costume and running through the woods durring hunting season.

Well, good luck to you. You'll need it.

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

if it is free - who cares..

Really.. who cares.

It doesn't matter if it's free. The service offer was posted on a forum for predominantly professional, commmercial Web hosting, and therefore should be subjected to the same scrutiny as everyone else.

I question why WHT even allows free webspace providers to post, especially ones which claim unlimited disk space and bandwidth.

Ask for a refund if he doesn't provide this service you pay for
    Unlimited Space & Bandwidth
    http://localhost/
    Providing hosting since 17/99/3003

Unlimited bandwidth and Unlimited space? That's unlikely. Probably hosting from home on cable or something.

People like you make the Hosting industry go down!!!

Originally posted by WII-Aaron
    . . . . . . You HAVE to have read what happens when you post like this. . . . . .
    He's read about it in other threads he's started.

Some people just enjoy pain.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Probally ?

Get your facts straight first - are you interested in this offer , do you wish to setup an account ?

This is an avertising forum, not a "What do you think" forum, he is not asking for input, he simply is offering a product , therefor if your not interested in this product, why you posting
    Unlimited Space & Bandwidth
    http://localhost/
    Providing hosting since 17/99/3003

Come on guys dont slate someones post, he is advertising a service - good for him if he wants to give out unmetered accounts...
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    Come on guys dont slate someones post, he is advertising a service - good for him if he wants to give out unmetered accounts...
    The only problem I have is, he states at the beginning of the thread, "100% Free"

He doesn't tell you that it's only 100% Free if you receive at least 10 Unique hits per week.

His front page states "NO ADS ON PAGES!"

Til you read the part on the bottom that explains, "we only have an EXIT popup! Your visitors will not see any ads till 10 seconds after they leave your site! in most cases your visitors will not blame your site on this popup because they dont know its an exit!"

Besides, if they're NO ADS, why is there an upgrade to remove ads on http://www.hostultra.com/upgrades.html ?

I dislike deceptive business practices. He can offer all the unlimited crap he wants. But, when he offers 100% free/ no ads and then makes you pay to remove the popups . . . . . . . well

we dont put ads on your pages
    they open in a new window

Actually you throw them out on the visitors exit, possibly leading that visitor to think they are STUPID ads from the next site they visit.

One might think you got enough criticism after your last post, apparently not.

Originally posted by Host Ultra
    we dont put ads on your pages
    they open in a new window
    And we're not flaming you, just picking apart your ad bit by bit.

The point is (and you still haven't got the clue yet) that there IS no such thing as unlimited bandwidth, or unlimited space. it's physically impossible.

See, I could bill my 3 drives (30g, 40g, 2g) out as unlimited, because in all rights no one person's going to use up 72g of space, right? WRONG. It's still limited by the 72g of space. Your network is STILL limited by the network card running it, or the bandwidth behind IT.

Sure you make money, probably by lying to advertisers the very same way you do to your customers.

As far as the popups AFTER someone leaves your site, well, that's just ridiculous. You're still inserting popups in individuals pages, and LYING about doing it to boot!

im not lying
    read the * at the bottom

Oh pardon me, blaming the popup on someone else isn't a lie. It's as much of a lie as saying "we don't place them" and placing them anyways.
    Even funner, my favorite line from the TOS:

"Please note that any information or material sent to hostultra.com or any of its related sites, services, or e-mail addresses will be deemed NOT to be confidential."

Which of course leaves each and every email and bit of personal information available to be sold by yourself.. Not bloody likely..
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

and he wants peoples address's when they sign up.

Talk about lack of security and private protection.

Originally posted by tazzy
    Get your facts straight first - are you interested in this offer , do you wish to setup an account ?

This is an avertising forum, not a "What do you think" forum, he is not asking for input, he simply is offering a product , therefor if your not interested in this product, why you posting
    This is a discussion forum. Because certain service claims warrant further discussion (ie "unlimited" and "free"), people will reply. If we weren't allowed to post replies, vBulletin allows adminstrators to disable them.

The fact that it's "free" doesn't make the criticism any less valid. If a company offered 50GB space and 50GB bandwidth for $1, we'd question the sustainability of such a pricing structure. Well Host Ultra claims to offer something far better than that, and for free, so their pricing structure is even more in question.

"Unlimited Data Transfer" and "Unlimited Disk Space" providers should continually be chastised for their claims. Otherwise a would-be customer could wander in and fall for it, fully expecting such features, not knowing that it's impossible to provide. This sort of information is exactly what WHT is good at providing.

none of you people who think unlimited doesnt exist know what you are talking about so you just just keep your opinions to yourself im not looking for comments here

just because you think unlimited is not possible does not mean it isnt and just because you cannot provide it does not mean someone else cannot

and unlimited is possible so quit bugging me about it
    if you have not tried to run and UNLIMITED host then you CANNOT SAY ITS NOT POSSIBLE because you DONT KNOW!!
    how can you say something is not possible if you never tried it?

none of you guys who have replied have ever used my hosting otherwise you would not have posted such silly comments
    you know nothing about my hosting and how it works so dont come on like you know everything

because there is no unlimited hard drives or unlimited pipes does not mean i cannot offer it
    i can supply as much as the customer requires
    i can get as many servers or extra hard drives, pipes as they are needed
    ive been doing this for 7 months and no problems yet and we make a big profit from it

the largest site i host takes almost 800MB of space and we have some high bandwidth users which use 200GB per month
    we want you to make your site a success and get as many hits as possible
    the more hits you get the more money we make from the ads which buys more servers and equipment so we will get bigger and bigger all the time

im not here to try to scam people into promising something and then never give it
    you should not treat me like this because other unlimited hosts have a bad name

you may not like my terms of service which restricts some types of sites but all hosts restrict some content or usage in order to make money
    if we did not do this and allowed everything onto our servers then we would loose money and have to close down
    we are honest and put all the limits of the service in our terms, we dont just delete sites for no reason and give some excuse like other unlimited hosts do
    because we restrict content does NOT mean we are not unlimited
    we only offer unlimited webspace and bandwidth which has nothing to do with the types of sites we allow
    if your site fits our requirements you can use as much bandwidth and disk space as you need! and i promise that

Originally posted by Host Ultra
    none of you people who think unlimited doesnt exist know what you are talking about so you just just keep your opinions to yourself im not looking for comments here

just because you think unlimited is not possible does not mean it isnt and just because you cannot provide it does not mean someone else cannot

and unlimited is possible so quit bugging me about it
    if you have not tried to run and UNLIMITED host then you CANNOT SAY ITS NOT POSSIBLE because you DONT KNOW!!
    how can you say something is not possible if you never tried it?

. . . . . . .
    Okay. Try this, because I'm not gonna do it for ya. Although I'm sure someone else will.

Go to somewhere like www.dictionary.com
    Look up the work unlimited
    Report back here with your result and tell us how it is possible.

Thank you. And have a nice day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast