Are there any tutorials or books/sites that teach programming languages for programmers of different languages? I am looking to pick up ASP, but all the ASP books I find take the ground up method, whereas I would really be interested in a more lateral approach. One that basically covers the syntax and any logical differences.

There are some C# cheat sheets that will probably help you out the most.
    Here is a link that has some.
    http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci826135,00.html#csharp
    Also if you PM me I can help you out on my free time. I'm a professional .NET developer.

Hey Thanks for the link. From what I'm reading, I am actually looking for ASP.NET, not ASP, which seems to be kind of legacy? If I understand, you can code ASP.NET using either C# (A C++ variant) or VBscript (A visual basic variant)--whichever the coder prefers? Can pages written in VB and C# be compatible with each other?

ASP.NET can be written in C# and VB.NET all in the same project. You can even use other languages but I never really messed with any thing else in .NET
    The good thing about learning ASP.NET is your skill also directly translate into the desktop world. I started out as a desktop developer but got a job doing web developing. Programming is programming the only difference is the UI(desktop vs html and state vs stateless).

Sounds like you should go for the ASP.Net C# route if your coming from a PHP background. ASP.Net VB is more like traditional VB and ASP format.
    There are tons of resources for C# on the net and the majority of resources for ASP.Net are in C#. Wrox also do some great books on ASP.Net if you prefer that method of learning.
    Good luck

Also learning C# makes it a lot easier to learn JavaScript also.