I've got a strange problem with all my domains on my server.
Sometimes, well it happens quite often, I get a DNS Lookup Error for all my domains on the server, and a few hours later it is back to normal without me doing anything..
Strangely enough, my nameservers are always available
The nameservers and the A record for each domain seem ok though..
Here is your problem (hopefully)...... the dns system is giving this out for your registered name servers....
;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
NS1.fargohosting.com. 172800 IN A 18.104.22.168
NS2.fargohosting.com. 172800 IN A 22.214.171.124
but those 2 IP addresses do not root to VO - so either you need to change the IP addresses that are registered for your name servers to the proper ones, or if these are the proper IP addresses then get VO to route them to your server.
As VO changed all their IP addresses a while ago when they moved NOC I would hazard a guess the IP addresses above are wrong (but I have been known to be wrong )
; Zone File for fargohosting.com
@ 14400 IN SOA ns1.fargohosting.com. root.ns1.fargohosting.com. (
fargohosting.com. 14400 IN NS ns1.fargohosting.com.
fargohosting.com. 14400 IN NS ns2.fargohosting.com.
fargohosting.com. 14400 IN A 126.96.36.199
localhost.fargohosting.com. 14400 IN A 127.0.0.1
fargohosting.com. 14400 IN MX 0 fargohosting.com.
mail 14400 IN CNAME fargohosting.com.
www 14400 IN CNAME fargohosting.com.
ftp 14400 IN CNAME fargohosting.com.
ns1 14400 IN A 188.8.131.52
ns2 14400 IN A 184.108.40.206
anubis 14400 IN A 220.127.116.11
The only thing VO support did in the last 36 hours was asking me if I could telnet to the nameservers.... Great support, right?
Funny I found you here...I was the guy that had the IP's and was having a similar problem. I worked with VO to solve it. Seems that you and I purchased IP blocks at the same time, and ended up with the same ones...I had a user that would occasionally get that generic apache page ('Hey, it worked.....')
It was an occasional thing and hard to trace. Once I caught it happening, I returned an error with fargohosting in it. I then ran DNS check on your domain name and saw your second nameserver was using the same IP as our user...I sent this to VO and they resolved it
LOL...Tell me about it. VO told me they would look into how the mix-up occured. All I know is that Bram and I picked up our IP's at about the same time....I had just set the server up and was putting new accounts on there...then the one client had the problem and thats how we discovered it. That entire IP block was removed from our server and Bram is now safe to use them...it was rather strange, though...drove me nuts trying to figure out what was going on, and I'm sure it was much worse for Bram...
LOL...I was wondering whatever happened to you. Yeah...that was the thing here...sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. It wasn't untill I ran a DNS check on the IP and found your nameservers bound to it