Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cPanel/WHM Automate Account Creation

What is the best method to have a script automatically create uesrs/passwords using cPanel?
    I'd like to know of my options, I found one but it didn't seem to work. So before I try one that requires me to buy, I'd like to get some feedback on ones that others have used before; so I don't waste money on something that doesn't work.
    The setup I would like is to be able to sell the extra space I have on my server to people looking for reasonable/reliable web hosting and the process be completely automatic. From them signing up to the service, paying for it and creating the account for them to use.

What is the best method to have a script automatically create uesrs/passwords using cPanel?
    I'd like to know of my options, I found one but it didn't seem to work. So before I try one that requires me to buy, I'd like to get some feedback on ones that others have used before; so I don't waste money on something that doesn't work.
    The setup I would like is to be able to sell the extra space I have on my server to people looking for reasonable/reliable web hosting and the process be completely automatic. From them signing up to the service, paying for it and creating the account for them to use.

Some hosting billing softwares: WHMCS, AWBS, ClientExec, Modernbill, WHMAutoPilot, phpCOIN(free).. etc. You can try demos before purchase.

__________________DHCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart Software.
    Accept domain and hosting orders easily by using DHCart.www.dhcart.com

Some hosting billing softwares: WHMCS, AWBS, ClientExec, Modernbill, WHMAutoPilot, phpCOIN(free).. etc. You can try demos before purchase.

Thanks, I will check them all out. Starting with the free one first.

WHMCS is the best among them. They have a lot of feature too!

I am sure that is true, but I'm not trying to run a web hosting business per say, so spending more money on something like that would essentially defeat what I am trying to do.
    Basically, I have a dedicated server. I do this because I know my site probably will not be able to run on one of those over sellers servers, plus I like having complete control over the server when something goes wrong. Since I will not be using the entire server's resources, I'd like to rent out what I'm not using to help pay for the bill, paying more for software, will just be more out of pocket that I'll have to pay.
    I will probably just end up creating the accounts manually, but phpcoin looks promising.

I am sure that is true, but I'm not trying to run a web hosting business per say, so spending more money on something like that would essentially defeat what I am trying to do.
    Basically, I have a dedicated server. I do this because I know my site probably will not be able to run on one of those over sellers servers, plus I like having complete control over the server when something goes wrong. Since I will not be using the entire server's resources, I'd like to rent out what I'm not using to help pay for the bill, paying more for software, will just be more out of pocket that I'll have to pay.
    I will probably just end up creating the accounts manually, but phpcoin looks promising.

Well, WHMCS would keep up with the billing and invoicing making your life a lot easier. But, like you said, it might be overkill for you.

Well, WHMCS would keep up with the billing and invoicing making your life a lot easier. But, like you said, it might be overkill for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillz

Having a fully-automated signup process is a recipe for disaster. What are you going to do about the spammers who sign up with a stolen credit card / PayPal account? Or the script kiddies who use the account to hack your server (or others)? What about illegal content? What's your AUP?
    Even if you manage to find only "good" clients, you need to factor in your time (or money, if you want to outsource) for supporting them. And then you'll need to keep their backups... Signup is just the beginning.
    In short you should go into hosting in a serious, professional way or not at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast