Nazarov Guest
    Webhosting service choice help

Hi,
    I just decided to experiment with websites. I am planning on getting domain names, and webhosting and set up a messageboard.
    I would like a roomy service (space wise), and good bandwidth service. My budget's about $10 USD per month on the host service, but better if cheaper. What would you recommend? or what are my options??

search the offers section or find a host link above for a shared hosting plan that will meet your needs and budget. good luck.

Last edited by anon-e-mouse : 12-27-2008 at 04:19 PM.

you are just starting out right? if you are then your budget is good, a message board at first won't use more than a few megabytes of space so you can really get away with 1gb space and around 10gb bandwidth just in case it super grows super fast
    and from personal experience, I would recommend that you go with different providers for domain name and web hosting, just in case don't want one thing to affect another

__________________►Cheap cPanel Hosting :: JunaWeb.com ► Cheap Shared, Reseller, and Shoutcast Hosting
    ►Your Cyber Road to Success
    ►Nazmus :: Juna Web Server Administrator
    ►Gamers Forum

Nazarov Guest
    Thanks for the quick responses.
    I did the search and looked at eleven2 as well.
    eleven2 has 60GB Storage - 6000GB Bandwidth $6 Monthly? That sounds fantastic, I think. Is what I am looking for shared hosting? Not too familiar with the terms...
    Also, is it possible to link to 2 domains with same hosting service?

Linking 2 domains with 1 hosting account can be achieved if the company allows it. For example, with cPanel, providers can offer add-on domains allowing you to host multiple domains on 1 account.
    60GB/6000GB for $6.00 is definently overselling. In otherwords, don't expect to ever fully utilize that. Most dedicated servers come with 2000-3000 GB, and they cost much more than $6.00/mo.
    Most people just see the numbers and are impressed, then go on to use only 1% of what's offered. What I am saying, is shop based on performance/support/reviews ect... rather than price/disk/bandwidth.\
    For a message board, I think it's going to take some time before you even reach 1GB diskspace.

__________________Need a new Web Host?Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 SupportcPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazarov

Thanks for the quick responses.
    I did the search and looked at eleven2 as well.
    eleven2 has 60GB Storage - 6000GB Bandwidth $6 Monthly? That sounds fantastic, I think. Is what I am looking for shared hosting? Not too familiar with the terms...
    Also, is it possible to link to 2 domains with same hosting service?

Look for a package that allows multiple domains to use more than 1 domain on the same hosting service.
    As for the hosting specs listed... I classify that in the unlimited category. It's just not realistic.

Nazarov Guest
    I looked at the shared hosting lists again, and lot of them say unlimited this unlimited that...Would there be a better medium to look at comparisons?

Quote:

I looked at the shared hosting lists again, and lot of them say unlimited this unlimited that...Would there be a better medium to look at comparisons?

Most host do offer "unlimited" on some things. You just really want to stay away from Unlimited Disk Space and Bandwidth.
    All the best,

To choose the right host it's going to take time, I suggest you as a general rule to avoid hosts offering Unlimited Space/Bandwidth or host offering ridiculous amount of space and bandwidth for the price of a Big Mac, take in mind that space/bandwith cost to us (hosts) more or less the same, as a low the price go, more are the chances of get hosted on an overcrowded server, this mean, a server with too many accounts on it (at the end, this is a business and we need to get money for the services that we offer (after pay expenses)), and as a bigger the packages and for the lower prices, also, the chances of being on a overloaded arise.
    You're just starting, you don't need 50 GB of Space, nor 6 TB of bandwidth, go to a reasonable package covering your needs.

__________________Multiple Domain Hosting - Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated ServersFFMPEG, FFMPEG-PHP, Libffac. Libffad2, Xvid, Libogg, Libvorbis, Mp3lame, FLV2Tool Support
    *Cpanel/WHM - RvSkins - Fantastico de Luxe - Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration* LiteSpeed Powered
    Downtown Host LLC - In Business since 2001 - Toll Free:*1-877-384-6781*

Nazarov Guest
    I'm assuming what I need is a shared hosting. And when I click on order option, it gives me 3 options:
    Register new domain
    transfer my existing domain
    I will use My Existing Domain and update My Nameservers only.
    I haven't registered the domains yet, but i plan to do it through a separate company. Which option do i choose?

Quote:

I'm assuming what I need is a shared hosting. And when I click on order option, it gives me 3 options:
    Register new domain
    transfer my existing domain
    I will use My Existing Domain and update My Nameservers only.
    I haven't registered the domains yet, but i plan to do it through a separate company. Which option do i choose?

You would select option 3. "I will use My Existing Domain and update My Nameservers only."
    All the best,

Nazarov Guest
    I have both the domain and the hosting service active...
    How do I link those two??