6 month review of WiredTree!

After getting a taste of using a VPS, I was desperate to try out a managed version, as the one I had was unmanaged and had always been compromised. I searched up Webhostingtalk.com in hopes of finding a cheap VPS package. I was wrong.
    While browsing around on Webhostingtalk, I saw numerous recommendations for WiredTree as a web hosting provider. I browsed the WiredTree website and I took a step back at the price. Coming from a series of $1 shared web hosting packages it was indeed a shock. I knew that in order for my website to expand and grow, I had to pay the price, so I decided to sign up with WiredTree any way. When I signed up I was given a call and from that moment I knew that they took their services very seriously. A few moments later my account was now live from that point onwards my perception towards web hosting has changed.
    I had required certain SSH commands to be installed. I was greeted by the support team and everything had been done within minutes. It had changed how I viewed support. For once I was actually talking to a human instead of automated and copy/pasted messages.
    Problems big and small were no problem for the team at WiredTree. From installing Icecast to migrating websites to small edits such as disabling indexing, no matter what the task was, I was greeted with a warm reply and before I noticed everything had been done. No matter where I was, if I had a problem that need helping I could simply log into WiredTree's Grove panel and submit a ticket and it would be done. Period.
    Server security had been a big problem at my last host. My server was being compromised day after day and the support staff had done nothing but tell me to change my passwords. When I moved onto WiredTree, their Servershield service kept the hackers at bay. I could focus my time developing my website. For the first time I would be able to relax without checking my websites each day to see if anything was wrong.
    From $1 web hosting to WiredTree, I have finally realised that web hosting goes by the following quote: 'you get what you pay for'. WiredTree's prices may be a bit tad high, but when you weigh up your time you used to worry or manage your PHP version etc, you will find it definitely is worth it.
    It is sad to leave WiredTree, but I have to due to fund problems. However you can rest assured that I will be back! I will be definitely browsing in various web hosting forums and recommending WiredTree, because when I do I know that I'll be helping not only WiredTree but for the user requesting VPS provider suggestions!
    Special thanks to the support team once again, Michael, Jake, Joe, Jacob, Adam, James, Sam and especially Loren, who had replied to my unusual requests at the most weirdest hours you could possibly imagine! The occasional check-ins were very courteous and caring.
    So when you're reading this, considering if WiredTree is right for you, I'm surprised you're still reading and not half way through your order already by now. You won't ever regret clicking that order button. Once you do, congratulations! Your WiredTree experience has begun!
    ---
    If you can't be bothered reading such a long piece of text, here is the summary:
    Support - no ticket answered less than 10 minutes, that actually get the problem fixed.
    Security - Servershield does exactly what it says.
    When hosting with WiredTree you really get to use your time doing other things instead of worrying or patching up your server. I experienced this first hand and I believe it'll be hard to find something that comes close to this top notch service
    PS: If anyone wants to verify that I actually do host with them, I'll be happy to pass on my domain to any moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz_one

PS: If anyone wants to verify that I actually do host with them, I'll be happy to pass on my domain to any moderator

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=5471193

igunja Guest
    Thank you for the nice review. I've left WiredTree once in the past and it was due to the very same reason of yours.
    tbhwy I'm not sure whether or not my funds could keep me hosted at WT in the future but I really love their service and its worth every penny! Sad to see you leave though
    Merry Christmas!

Thanks for your informative review. Any hosts will be proud of getting a review like this. Congrats wiredtree for extracting such nice reviews by your quality service.

It's always nice to hear a positive review. Thanks!
    All the best,

wow, thanks for this amazing review.
    WT seems to be the "prefect" VPS provider, I only wish they had a DC in CA, and that's the reason I am considering KH as well.
    I might try both and compare them

I too have been hosted with WT for a couple of months and they have excellent support and skilled professionals who solve the problem within minutes. However I too am moving out of WT due to budget constraints.