Where to go buy cd's.

Got any recommendations for online stores selling cd's? Hopefully they are less than $12/cd as I am going on a huge buying spree
    Ronny Fang
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )

Why dont you try Ebay. You can have a nice bargain there.

Years ago, I used to belong to http://www.bmgmusic.com -not sure that's what you're looking for, and the return cards are annoying (if they still do that?), but...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

http://www.bmgmusic.com is the site of music company. I thought he is asking for software CDs.

Im pretty sure he was looking to buy music CD's, having software cd's produced cost no more than a buck a cd with a color case so I would assume they want some grooves ;]

CD Connection

Good prices, excellent selection and service. I have been buying CDs from them for over 10 years (before CD Connection had a website, they had a telnet VT100 online buying capability.)
    This space for let.
    Inquire within.

Originally posted by OldOne
    http://www.bmgmusic.com is the site of music company. I thought he is asking for software CDs.
    I guessed music from the price. $12 is about the price for a music CD. I don't know many software titles for that amount (generally higher).
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

You are a smart guy Chicken

if it is indeed music you're looking for try Tower
    http://www.towerrecords.com
    If your music taste is as 'quirky' as mine this is about the only place with a decent selection of non top-40 type CD's.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

eh....i haven't bought a cd in a long time....

...but half.com? same as ebay now isn't it?

buy.com = really cheap.
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility

buy.com,half.com,ebay.com, thought i odnt like buying used cd's most of the time when i want a cd if its pretty common i just goto grand ol' walmart. saves shipping and crap.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by akashik
    if it is indeed music you're looking for try Tower
    http://www.towerrecords.com
    If your music taste is as 'quirky' as mine this is about the only place with a decent selection of non top-40 type CD's.
    Tower has a nice selection, about 300,000 CDs available, CD Connection only has 275,000 CDs available. Tower is a bit expensive though. Tower runs $1 to $2 more expensive than CD Connection. I guess if you can't find a CD anyplace else, then Tower may be a good place to look.
    This space for let.
    Inquire within.

I dont buy

XM Radio is enough for me
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Originally posted by Mike the newbie
    Tower has a nice selection, about 300,000 CDs available, CD Connection only has 275,000 CDs available. Tower is a bit expensive though. Tower runs $1 to $2 more expensive than CD Connection. I guess if you can't find a CD anyplace else, then Tower may be a good place to look.
    I just checked a few of the selections on my "wish list" at CDNow to see if they're at Tower, and they were except for one that shows out of stock. Most of the others were listed as "low stock." But just Mike says in comparing them to CD Connection, almost every CD was a couple of dollars more at Tower, and in one case the difference was $4.

My CDNow experience is similar to Mike's at CD Connection in another way -- I started buying from them in the pre-web days when they were available only via telnet.

I don't know how many CDs CDNow has available, but only once have I been unable to find a CD there: one hard to find import. That one I was able to find at CD Universe. I've used them a couple of other times as well, but for the most part stick with CDNow. Maybe the best point is that they have a lot of sales... most of the stuff I bought from them I've had saved and just waited until a good price came along.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

yeah but those missing 25000 or so CD's are usually the one's that I'm looking for

Tower usually carries a few more independant labels than the others in my experience. They're good to use online, though Tower Stores are usually staffed by some of the most arrogant people you're ever met... you'd almost think they'd forgotten they're only checkout operators

Very good for imports and box sets.

Greg Moore

Originally posted by akashik
    yeah but those missing 25000 or so CD's are usually the one's that I'm looking for

Very good for imports and box sets.

Well, you won't know if the other places have those CDs you want unless you try. I'd suspect that CD COnnection has 95% of the CDs you need, probably more. So only buy the ones at Tower that you cannot find elsewhere. But if you want to pay more for your CDs, then buy them all at Towers, that is your choice.

btw, CD Connection has a tie-in with German Music Express. There's a link on the home page. GME has another 200,000 CDs, good for finding hard-to-locate stuff and imports.
    This space for let.
    Inquire within.

there be logic in them words.. might have to check them out. I'm often told by the better half I pay too much for things

Greg Moore

Buy.com isn't used...It's new.
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility

i buy my cds at www.kazaalite.com!
    lol jk

that would be music sharing aka pirating...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

that would be music sharing aka pirating
    i was just kidding, calm down there.