What about @webhost (atwebhost)

Is someone having dedicated server from atwebhost ?

Please share Your experience with us. Are they good, how are they stable, how is support and other stuff. What hardware do they use for servers ......

Thanks

I'm curious on this host too, cause I was just taking a look at them as well... please respond
    blah

whats url?

searched on google cant find much

They're new. I believe it's run by the person that goes here (or went here) by the name of ^Kyo. He's a stand up guy. Talked to him about a dedicated server a few times. Always very responsive and happy to help. Also read some good comments about his services. If it hadn't been for the hefty setup fee, I probably would have been a customer a long time ago.

decent guy who runs it, they had some teething problems but now the servers run well
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

zdwebhosting:

When in doubt, type www. companyname .com

Worked for me

Originally posted by Rebies
    zdwebhosting:

When in doubt, type www. companyname .com

Worked for me
    lol yea it works seems every other time i try that its some wrong page nothing related to hosting lol

nice site

Whoa, can someone explain the reason for the difference in bandwidth pricing from standard to premium..?

Here is the description of the two:

http://www.atwebhost.com/bandwidth.php

Here are prices:

http://www.atwebhost.com/colocation.php

Description sounds exactly the same to me, just switching the words NTT/Verio and Cognet.

bandwidth A2
    piped through verio, if verio goes down you get switched to cogent to make sure your site stays up

bandwidth a1
    piped through cogent, if cogent goes down you get switched to verio to make sure your site stays up.

the price increase on a2 is because you will nearly always use tier 1 bandwidth from verio over the emergency cogent.

there are other alternatives, for instance i have level3 & AT&T as my provders
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers

Thumbs down bad bad

a tracert shows they are at wholesalecolo - stay away from that data center!! my previous host close down due to all their downtime.

e-stefan,

They are not at the wholesalecolo datacenter. I don't not want to release any information on the subject, as I don’t want to unveil anything that still remains private. However, I would suggest contacting atwebhost yourself for more information on this subject.

I know a friend that works there and from what he tells me, everything is looking good for them

Greetings,

Thats our old IP block.... routed over to our datacenter so that we can keep the same ips......

Wholesalecolo to my knowledge doesn't even exist any more.
    For more information feel free to contact me directly.

All the best,
    Asher.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Originally posted by ^Kyo
    Greetings,

Thats our old IP block.... routed over to our datacenter so that we can keep the same ips......

Wholesalecolo to my knowledge doesn't even exist any more.
    For more information feel free to contact me directly.

All the best,
    Asher.
    Sorry if I am wrong, but weren't you running another company few weeks ago?

Once again, sorry If i mistaken you for someone.

Originally posted by AceWeb

Sorry if I am wrong, but weren't you running another company few weeks ago?

Once again, sorry If i mistaken you for someone.
    Another company that I own part of is Hostcharge.com... perhaps thats what you're refering to?

Asher.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]

Originally posted by ^Kyo

Another company that I own part of is Hostcharge.com... perhaps thats what you're refering to?

Asher.

Yeah, that is the one.

I'd like your win2k dedicated server but $199 setup fee is too high for a student like me. If you can lower it down i will probraly order one today.

Originally posted by phpcoder
    e-stefan,

They are not at the wholesalecolo datacenter. I don't not want to release any information on the subject, as I don’t want to unveil anything that still remains private. However, I would suggest contacting atwebhost yourself for more information on this subject.

I know a friend that works there and from what he tells me, everything is looking good for them

Originally posted by code007
    I'd like your win2k dedicated server but $199 setup fee is too high for a student like me. If you can lower it down i will probraly order one today.

Sorry we cant lower the setup fee, its a Windows 2000 server. That means expensive

Asher.

Newbie question:

I am tyring to understand the risks of using the Cogent bandwidth, since it's so much cheaper.

Is this a situation where the Cogent bw is more likely to be down/unusable ? Or is it just that the Cogent has poorer performance/pings/etc.?

I am only looking for basic website hosting, but for multiple domains, so as long as the sites are availble I'm fine...

I'm having a hard time understanding the Cogent vs. other bandwidth issues..

dh
    RevMedia, Inc.
    Quality Offshore Development Services
    On Time. On Budget.
    http://www.revmedia.com

For hosting websites, there is absolutly nothing wrong with Cogent. Maybe they have slightly more downtime than tier 1 providers, maybe not. Only issue I'm aware of is that cogent bandwidth has higher ping times than most other providers, but this isn't really important for hosting purposes. Also their peering has room for improvements.

Is there anywhere I can find some data on this?
    I am pretty much just hosting websites so if it's crappy peering/pings but the same uptime then it's a great deal for me..

What kind of apps would be bad on Cogent? Streaming, etc?
    I'm beginning to see the picture...
    RevMedia, Inc.
    Quality Offshore Development Services
    On Time. On Budget.
    http://www.revmedia.com

the jury's still out on the cogent case.

from my experience cogent is *generally* good for uptime. as has been said before their peering leaves a little to be disired routing all over the place before actually getting to the right place cuasing the long lag times.

cogent is fine for wesites that don't require anything to get to the browser quickly, such as real time streaming and complex flash. For the bulk of the net though its fine.

on a personal note, i would never recomend being totally relient on one providor. Either type of bandwidth from asher is good as it has a back up. (in this case verio)