What is your opinion about hostgator.com for hosting site?

What is your opinion about hostgator.com for hosting site? is it good from small to big sites?why?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php
    I'd recommend doing a search. There's plenty of discussion about HostGator here.

oversellers...can't say much more than that - just be careful on resource usage when you are with them, they could suspend your account for going over the secret limit.

__________________►Cheap cPanel Hosting :: JunaWeb.com ► Cheap Shared, Reseller, and Shoutcast Hosting
    ►Your Cyber Road to Success
    ►Nazmus :: Juna Web Server Administrator
    ►Gamers Forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by njoker555

oversellers...can't say much more than that - just be careful on resource usage when you are with them, they could suspend your account for going over the secret limit.

You mean the ones that's in the TOS, and can now be kept up with perty well in the new Hostgator custom cpanel? You can now see your CPU / mem / process and all other usage data in real time right thare when you log in, and it even has a handy little refresh button!
    I cannot yet comment on big sites, but I am LOVIN Hostgator fer my little ol ones. I am a huge fan of the founder / owner as a person as well... I feel good about givin him my dollars. And no, I am not personal friends with him er paid by him er nuthin either (though I do plan to hit some affiliate action not too awful far up from now), I just know that if my Paw Paw would have needed web hostin he would have loved to do business with Hostgator... he had a lot of respect fer businesses run by genuinely good folks.
    The only thang I do not like about them, but is easily dealt with usin htaccess and php ini, and due to phase out with 6 and the disappearance of 4 (php), the damn register_globals bein on by default. Just make sure to take care of that and all else seems to be The Big Rock Candy Mountain to me.

Have heard good things about them, but do search on WHT for more information.

__________________Support Facility | Your 24/7 outsourcing partner!Technical support | Server managementFantabulous hosting technical support

SimNetwork001 Guest
    There is plenty of review on Host Gator on here as Orien said do a quick search and your more than likely to find lots of customers that can give you a wide view of opinions.
    njoker55, if people actually read the terms and conditions then they would know what the secret limit is and not exceed it.

__________________Professional Web Design
    Logo Design
    Forum Hostingwww.simnetwork.org

Once you do search for their domain name you will not have any doubt further

__________________Sibername.com
    Canadian Domain Name Registration and
    Web Site Hosting Serviceshttp://www.sibername.com

If you research them, you'll likely see that number of complaints they have is a tiny percentage of the hundreds of thousands of customers.
    They have more happy customers than any of their competitors that tell you to avoid them will ever have.
    <snip>

Last edited by HostRefugee-Vince : 12-25-2008 at 02:13 PM.
    Reason: Rudeness

<snip>
    @simnetwork - the thing is, only a few people will ever read any ToS, they don't like doing the work and unless I missed it, I didn't see an exact number in Hostgator's ToS, feel free to correct me
    edit: this is what they say in their bandwidth part:
    Quote:

8.) Bandwidth Usage
    You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages. Unused transfer in one month cannot be carried over to the next month.

__________________►Cheap cPanel Hosting :: JunaWeb.com ► Cheap Shared, Reseller, and Shoutcast Hosting
    ►Your Cyber Road to Success
    ►Nazmus :: Juna Web Server Administrator
    ►Gamers Forum

Last edited by HostRefugee-Vince : 12-25-2008 at 02:15 PM.
    Reason: re: rudeness

tgifrihoster Guest
    They oversell but still a great company. Good starter hosting company! I have used them before and they know exactly what they are doing! I highly suggest them!

Overall on wht there are many positive reviews about them.

Last edited by anon-e-mouse : 12-27-2008 at 04:22 PM.