High bandwidth requirements (new to VPS)

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had any reccomendations or could comment on the sites I've looked at so far. I've been hosting a site with Servage for a while and for reasons that I won't go into here I've decided to leave. Diskspace requirements right now don't exceed 4-5GB although that said room to grow is essential (minimum 15GB-20GB preferred), but my main achilles heel in finding a new host is bandwidth requirements - I've been using an average of 60GB a day (1000-2000 unique ~ 10,0000 pageviews), peak days over 150GB (>8,000 unique, >50,000 pageviews).
    I realise finding a host that can provide that on Servages costs is slim and I realise the price is going to have to go up, but that said I'm a student - so lower price without sacrificing performance too much would be better...
    To summarise:
    HDD: 5-10GB minimum (20 or more preferred)
    Bandwidth: Minimum 3TB a month, burstable to 160GB for a day.
    What I've found so farwww.easyspace.com (very bad reviews though)
    Not VPS but meeting requirements (any knowledge of them would be helpful ):www.anhosting.comwww.mds-host.com
    smallbusiness.yahoo
    godaddy
    And lastly, and don't worry I don't take them seriously:www.5tbhost.com
    Thanks for any help

Last edited by Jezmeister : 12-20-2008 at 07:39 PM.

Whats your budget?
    One provider that could provide enough bandwidth in a VPS package is FDC servers.
    Sadly I don't have any personal experience with them.http://fdcservers.net/Services/Virtu...ers/VPSVDSPlan
    Again people can't offer much help without a budget.

Shared hosting won't work for you, you'll be suspended far before you use 3TB.
    A lot of people on here will tell you to go dedicated, but there are many places offering VPS's with high bandwidth requirements.
    FDC offers 100mbit unmetered VPS's, you may want to look into them, they allow up to ~10TB, although I'm not sure if $84 is in your budget or not.
    I currently am a customer of FDC's Internap colocation, they are unmanaged servers but they offer great and quick support when in need, the usual support ticket is answered under 10 minutes.

__________________devon@rockmyweb.net - RockMyWeb Networks

You may want to check out AT

sorry forgot the budget! Yeah $80 would be a little bit out tbh, probably looking more at a top end of 30/$50 - I'm not expecting fantastic service I'm under no illusions of being able to get anything great for that cost, just need something reliable that can cope with the bandwidth

I suggest you look at Rackforce.com, I have a VPS with them and they offer 10mbps unmetered on all their VPS.

__________________The Universes - Server/VPS Management and PHP/MySQL Application Development

just go with fdc....

__________________<<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

jjk2 you like fdc don't you? I'm keeping my options open at the moment and I'm getting in contact with anyone who looks like they may have what I need... just wondering if anyone's had any experience with iFuseHosting? They're 'getting back' to me with a custom quote although I'm guessing I won't get it for a few weeks given the time of year.
    Also any more suggestions welcome thanks guys!

Since everyone is keen of FDC here, I thought I would jump in and mention Obtrix :p. Their current node is in FDC's datacenter and they have custom packages available on request. http://obtrix.net/services.php?service=vps
    Custom packages can be discussed via email: sales@obtrix.net

__________________OptikVPS - OpenVZ VPS Hosting
    Awknet Datacenter - Los Angeles, California
    DDoS protected network - IRC and adult allowedhttp://www.optikvps.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike12King

Since everyone is keen of FDC here, I thought I would jump in and mention Obtrix :p. Their current node is in FDC's datacenter and they have custom packages available on request. http://obtrix.net/services.php?service=vps
    Custom packages can be discussed via email: sales@obtrix.net

Thanks, I've dropped them an email

Why not take a look for thenynoc they have plan for 5GB storage and 1000GB bandwidth for $5

Have you any experience with them? If I could bring that 1,000 up it might be viable but $5 is very cheap... worryingly cheap...