Thread: windows cp

windows cp

anyone can give any suggestions for windows cp.
    so far we've found the following and each seems to have its own defect for using as of right now.
    1) Hosting Controller - lacks the simplicity and ease of use a lot of people look for.
    2) H-Sphere - good control panel, but requires two servers. so requires double the investment more or less.
    3) HELM - looks quite good and promising. However its not even released yet, so noone can use it or buy it.
    4) CommandMatrix - looks good, though seems in its early stage. support seems to be absent, no reply for 3 emails over the last 4 days.
    5) http://webservercp.com/ - pretty okay but quite pricey too and their site looks quite dull with no live demo.
    6) ensim - heard a lot of people complain about it... also price seems quite up too.

so we are looking for more options basically if anyone knows any other ones.
    [email protected]

You've pretty much covered them all, I know a couple of people on here have panels under development, but I don't know what state they're in.

i heard people liked the windows ensim dont know though...i dont have any widnows servers at the moment
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

windows

My suggestion is don't use windows

Windows Ensim has a lot of bugs in it so unless your prepared to fix them don't purchase it! Luckily we have quite a few talented coders in our team and we managed to overcome the problems

If you choose Ensim with the premium email option you will need to install your own as there is no other email package included otherwise!!!!!

We have installed MailEnable and patched it into Ensim's code

Just a few things that you are likely to run into
    1. Install process will fail if you have any additional patches to sp2
    2. MySQL databases arent created properly
    3. No template for DNS

Robbie

With Helm not far away and their beta being so successful wouldn't it be worth your while waiting for that one?

Etrinix (Command Matrix) now have good support via :

http://www.etrinix.com/cservice/pdesk.cgi

Please try via this menu, all of my email to them answered not until next 24 hours. Now I try Trial Version of CM 1.04!

LOL!! I never knew that getting rid of outlook and putting a support ticket system in would mean that my clients messages would be suddenly answered

Try contact Netologies.co.uk. We use a CP they created and it works great! Even deploys websites, email, ftp etc... within a few seconds after a signup. It's pretty instant... give 2 - 5 seconds which will be even quicker when it's updated shortly.
    -- Matthew

Hey guys,

What are some of the server applications (Serve-U, Apache, iMail) do most of the control panels out there tend to support? What server applications do you prefer?

At work, Apache is the top pick for HTTP, iMail for POP3, and not sure what other services we run on for FTP, DNS, etc.

What's your preference of application choices for NT hosting? Anyone interested in .NET hosting?
    http://www.blazeboard.com
    Free co-branded portal solutions
    http://www.rimfusion.com
    Free PHP Based Submission Script and Windows based message board notifier

Serv-U FTP and Simple DNS Plus

Surly if your going for windows hosting you want to use IIS. If you want to use apache I would go for Linux (Much cheaper!)

One more thing the .NET framework as far as I know doesn't work with apache.

HTH
    Adam Heavens
    Server Centre Limited (www.servercentre.net)
    Exchange 2007 Hosting, Windows/Linux Hosting

MSDNS is very popular. There are a number that use MSFTP.

Originally posted by Adam_S
    MSDNS is very popular. There are a number that use MSFTP.
    Yes that's what we use, however I am beginning to see the limitations of MSFTP, so I think we will be moving to Serv-U FTP
    Adam Heavens

Ditto. We're looking at bulletproof FTP too. Ever looked at that one?

It has a couple of features that servu doesn't that we could make use of. The price is much less too.

Thanks For the suggestion, I'll take a look at that
    Adam Heavens

batcave..have you messed with .net? if you haven't im sure it would change your mind...its got a xp gui though
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

I've finally got my beta through a couple of weeks ago.

The xp interface isn't much of a problem. IIS6 is impressive, much faster and ( haven't tested yet, but its meant to be extremely stable). Some extra stuff I hadn't seen mentioned before which is useful on the datacenter scale, like the enforced server shutdown logging etc.

Well thought out server, and looks to be very stable.

Will IIS 6 be available for Windows 2000 or will it require a upgrade?
    Adam Heavens

Only windows.net servers as I understand it.