Thread: Can this work?

Post Can this work?

Today I sent in papers to register 35 new companies.
    Cause in Sweden you must have 1 company that reflect the domain name you want.

So if i want Johan.se, the company must be named "johan something"

So i sent in 35 new applications to start 35 new companies with different names in Sweden. Big names ofcourse.

Names that a lot of ppl have.

Like Erik.se

Erik is the biggest name in Sweden!

The total price of getting 1 domain is 120 dollar, and for the second year like 30 dollar.

Im thinking about selling email and webhosting accounts on each name.

Like [email protected]

I do have some lastnames.se

So you think this idea would work, like charge them 15 dollar for a year for a email?

Eh, I don't want to burst your bubble but don't you think it would be better to register the most popular LAST names?

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

There is a market for it. Can't remember the name of the company but there is one in the US who is doing the same thing with US last names.

Thing is, the most common lastnames.se are taken!

Originally posted by Pilgrim
    There is a market for it. Can't remember the name of the company but there is one in the US who is doing the same thing with US last names.
    The one I believe you are talking about: http://www.netidentity.com
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Originally posted by Johan H
    Thing is, the most common lastnames.se are taken!
    Hmm, in that case you should concider the fact that although it is a great idea you got it a few years too late. Someone beat you too it. I wouldn't pay 120x35 $ on that one. Did you do some market research?

As an alternative you might try to see if the .com versions are still available. Less investment ($8 per name) and probably just as good. Since it's swedish names you might have a chance that they're not taken yet.

The one I believe you are talking about : http://www.netidentity.com

Yep, thats the one!

Hmm, in that case you should concider the fact that although it is a great idea you got it a few years too late. Someone beat you too it. I wouldn't pay 120x35 $ on that one. Did you do some market research?

As an alternative you might try to see if the .com versions are still available. Less investment ($8 per name) and probably just as good. Since it's swedish names you might have a chance that they're not taken yet.

Yep, thats the one! [/B]

120x35 ?

Thing is, were selling webhosting and emails on our good .se domains, 12 dollar for a email for a year.
    Wouldnt it be quite easy to get 10 customers / domain?

Sorry, really don't know. I don't know the Swedish market for this kind of thing so I only can say things that "I think that...".

"I Think that" is by no means a solid way to go into business so don't pay too much attention to my babbling.

I assume you did some research on this and have found there is a market for it. By all means, if your research says you can find 10 Eriks with different last names who are willing to pay $ 12 per year for [email protected] domains then you should definatly go ahead with your plan.

Keep us posted on how it's going!

Dot com/net/org cost less than $10 and need no paperwork.
    I'm not much for paperwork or $35 domains

Sorry, really don't know. I don't know the Swedish market for this kind of thing so I only can say things that "I think that...".

"I Think that" is by no means a solid way to go into business so don't pay too much attention to my babbling.

I assume you did some research on this and have found there is a market for it. By all means, if your research says you can find 10 Eriks with different last names who are willing to pay $ 12 per year for [email protected] domains then you should definatly go ahead with your plan.

Keep us posted on how it's going!

Will do

Also SwedishBlondes.org is available