Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    48

    Does this look similar?

    Hey, y'all! Is it just me, or do these sites look similar (not the same, but similar)?

    http://www.digitalhost.net/
    http://www.wellhostyou.com/

    mangguo

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,137

    Re: Does this look similar?

    Originally posted by mangguo
    Hey, y'all! Is it just me, or do these sites look similar (not the same, but similar)?

    http://www.digitalhost.net/
    http://www.wellhostyou.com/

    mangguo
    They are a little similar, might have been done by the same web designer.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    227
    Similar to www.edge-host.com too

    I've seen those templates somewhere. I think from http://www.***************.com

    I guess they were naughty!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    Here are two more versions lol.. that's five using the same template that I know of.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    What?
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    242
    LOL -- you guys are rediculous.

    Im the biggest scam artist there is, let me tell you.

    http://www.4templates.com/index.php?_p=vp&i=sharp28or


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    We found him! We found him! get a rope!
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    227
    Will cat5 cable do? Its all I have!
    <<Please RTFM for signature setup>>

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    242
    hahahha

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    That will work!, make sure it's oarange white orage, blue green blue, white brown brown, and be sure to wipe the red off when done
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    3,635
    It's actually perfect for somebody who can't afford, or doesn't want to hire a web designer (or for somebody who needs to launch a site, with no time to design a site).

    - Matt

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    What kills me is it takes me 30 minutes to an hour to produce something completely unique.... slicing dicing tweaking another hour or two.

    This took an hour to create and slice
    http://808band.com/
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    242
    Originally posted by mainarea
    It's actually perfect for somebody who can't afford, or doesn't want to hire a web designer (or for somebody who needs to launch a site, with no time to design a site).

    - Matt
    .

    right on, the design is only temporary.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    242
    Originally posted by Samuel
    What kills me is it takes me 30 minutes to an hour to produce something completely unique.... slicing dicing tweaking another hour or two.

    This took an hour to create and slice
    http://808band.com/
    I could create something in an hour like this as well.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    Exactly, if you aren't wanting the world you can slip by with a couple paid hours of design work, and have something that noone has.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    242
    What if you just dont care about the design? What if your only care is to provide quality support to your customers? Does the design define how good a host is?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    Does the design define how good a host is? Yes it does.

    Given that you would determine it by "It's cover", prepacked hosts, turnkey hosting solutions, I certainly wouldn't spend one moment with (When I was a reseller I chose MCHost for several reason, one reason was the fact that their site was custom, cared for, and maintained (Even though that is not the case now), it was one of the main reasons I chose them (NOt the only one) just one of the primary reasons), they realized that how they look on the net, how they portray themselves in public, and their responses and product matched how they intended to be as a vendor.

    (Sorry thought that question was for me, but realize it more than likely is for the thread XTnet), so I answered for myself that looked diverted, beleive me, it would never be the case, as a designer I can't "Think" like that "What if you don't care about the design", not gonna happen and I am not very good when it comes to hypothetical questions and the subsequent responses.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

  19. #19
    Orange Stripe...Orange...Green Stripe....Blue....Blue Stripe...Green...Brown Stripe....Brown : The "rope" is ready my good sir, unless you wanted a cross cable noose.?!?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    242
    Originally posted by Samuel
    Does the design define how good a host is? Yes it does.

    Given that you would determine it by "It's cover", prepacked hosts, turnkey hosting solutions, I certainly wouldn't spend one moment with (When I was a reseller I chose MCHost for several reason, one reason was the fact that their site was custom, cared for, and maintained (Even though that is not the case now), it was one of the main reasons I chose them (NOt the only one) just one of the primary reasons), they realized that how they look on the net, how they portray themselves in public, and their responses and product matched how they intended to be as a vendor.

    (Sorry thought that question was for me, but realize it more than likely is for the thread XTnet), so I answered for myself that looked diverted, beleive me, it would never be the case, as a designer I can't "Think" like that "What if you don't care about the design", not gonna happen and I am not very good when it comes to hypothetical questions and the subsequent responses.
    sigh, i suppose it could be argued both ways, still the same, the design will be changed, its just temporary.

  21. #21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •