Question no answers from fdcservers!

Hi!

i got a prob with fdcservers!!!
    I wanna pay for the next 3 moths via paypal like everytime i did!!
    sio i just wanna have their paypal email and that the notification that my money is transfered to them!
    i wrote 2 email but just got no answers!! i tryed to talk to fdc via icq but they are never online since about 1 week and so i sended them offline message but again no answers!
    Anybody know what is going on with them ??

greetz

Re: no answers from fdcservers!

Originally posted by 9ball
    Hi!

i got a prob with fdcservers!!!
    I wanna pay for the next 3 moths via paypal like everytime i did!!
    sio i just wanna have their paypal email and that the notification that my money is transfered to them!
    i wrote 2 email but just got no answers!! i tryed to talk to fdc via icq but they are never online since about 1 week and so i sended them offline message but again no answers!
    Anybody know what is going on with them ??

greetz
    heh no idea just wait i guess

Maybe if you could constuct legible sentences they might be able to reply to your emails!!!

I no fink they undrestand ????

W3RD

If you paid via Paypal, you should be able to check the transaction logs at Paypal to determine if they received it or not. Of course, if the email is wrong or something, it would be reflected.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Originally posted by hosticle
    Maybe if you could constuct legible sentences they might be able to reply to your emails!!!

I no fink they undrestand ????

W3RD
    Ouch! This is really low. The thing is that English may not be his first language and he is trying his best to write in it.

Actually, apart from the grammatical mistakes, the contents are pretty much there. I do not think it is a wise business decision to ignore emails from customers which may not be grammatically correct and it is not a good thing to criticise someone's English too. This forum is WebHosting and not English 101.

If you need a translation, here is what I understand from what he was saying :-

He has been with FDCServer for the last three months and had recently paid for the next three months via Paypal. However, he has not received any confirmation from FDCServer as to whether they received his money or not.

He tried to contact them via ICQ but they do not seems to be around during the week he was on it. He tried leaving them messages on ICQ but did not get any reply.

He just wanted to know what is going on.

--

I guess a simple email response from FDC would definitely help a lot. Having grammatical mistakes in the email does not warrant a no-reply. I believe a good option would be to write to this customer and ask for clarification if the question is not understood.

Eddy
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

it sounds like you sent a message through ICQ while they were offline and didn't send a regular email.

try sending email.

Robin,

I think he meant he wrote two emails in addition to sending an offline ICQ.

hosticle,

Not everybody on this board is a native, english speaker, so lighten up. It is a global world!
    Marty Hoskins
    http://tlcwe.com

ahh yes. i see that now.

was in a hurry getting ready for the fight

nice guys for all your answers!
    but nothing that helps me!!!
    i dont get an answer of fdc!!!
    all i just wanna do is pay the money or the next 3 months!!
    but i dont wanna pay the money without talking with them before i transfer it via paypal!! cause they need to know for what i pay the money!!! normal or isnt it?!

so:

FDC please talk to me guys if u see it here! i wanna pay!!!

I dont mean to be stupid here. But why would you want to use them if they dont reply emails. Generally, what you pay is what you get. I had hard time to believe someone would offer $99 for 100mbps unmeter bandwidth.

Well, I guess cos they look like good value from the offset and also the thing is that not all low-cost web hosters are bad. Some are surprisingly good and at times even better than the high priced ones.

In any case, my experience with FDC has been less than satisfactory. It seems that as far as responsing to emails, they are rather selective. They response to those they want to response to and ignore the others. Thus you get a pretty much mixed picture here.

Thus you get a pretty much mixed picture here.
    I know what you mean. I used to get fast responses to all my questions, but I've fallen out of grace I think, as they've started selectively ignoring some of my emails after they had to replace a harddrive in my server because it failed. I did warn them a week before it failed something was wrong, but they just said it had to be a software issue with something I had installed (while I quite clearly told them no software had been installed for about 2 weeks and that I had just combed through my users accounts to check the scripts they were running).

Tazzman,

It looks to me that with the pricing they charge, it might be hard to make a profit if they factor in the cost of replacing the harddisk thus effectively making it harder to profit from you.

I had the same experience when I first sign on with their remote storage service to use as a remote backup storage. Petr responded nicely during the pre-sales but once I started reporting either extremely slow (down to 1kbps or less) to completely no access to my storage, he stopped responding to me. In fact, this went on for quite a couple of months and I thought enough was enough and emailed him about account cancellation. He did not respond and well the good news is that he stopped charging me after the three months.

Before I signed up, I did make it clear to him that the remote storage was just the prelude to getting a full fledge server but I guess my business wasn't worth his while.

Anyway, that's probably enough from me on this subject.

Edwin