WHM issue .. CPANEL

Hi.

On my cpanel server, i opened a domain xyz.com and it is working fine.

later, i had to move a couple of hundred domains from another cpanel server, so what i did was moved all the domains via the Cpanel multiple domain transfer utility and later copied /var/cpanel of the server to this server, so that all reseller's information is intact.

Now the issue is that I can see all the domains, and new added domains, but not my original xyz.com in WHM because /var/cpanel was copied from the old server.

I tired adding the xyz.com entry in accts.db and accts.db.orig, but it did not appeared in WHM list domains, and after some time, it is automatically removed.

How do I make that domain appear in the WHM list ?

Experienced OpenStack Admin For Hire
    regular as admin0 on freenode IRC on #openstack and #openstack-ansible channels

xyz.com should be setup in /etc/named.conf and the zone file is stored in /var/named as xyz.com.db

dns is OK, the site is in apache, and i can login to CPanel and work as normal.

However, i am not able to see that site as LIST accounts in WHM and do modifications for the site ..

Experienced OpenStack Admin For Hire
    regular as admin0 on freenode IRC on #openstack and #openstack-ansible channels

thiers a script in /scripts called i think rebuildcpusers. In order to run this script you will have to edit it and remove a exit; line. This is only for like emergency's or somthing but it may fix your problem. I had a problem like this once where domains wernt showing up and i ran this. make sure you have a backup of your server first.

The actual list of CPanel accounts is contained in /var/cpanel/users/username. If an account is a reseller account, it will also have a file in /var/cpanel/users that is somthing like username.owned or something similar, that is a list of all domains for the reseller. Make sure the xyz.com account has a valid user file in /var/cpanel/users, use the other ones as a template. :)

Since you mentioned you can still log into the CPanel itself with the user, I'm assuming that the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files are still intact, but you might want to check /etc/proftpd/passwd.vhosts and /etc/proftpd/username if FTP is flaking out on you.
    Fire extinguisher extraordinare
    -------------------------------
    FastServers.Net NOC Admin