Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm sorry but, stopping the sell of servers and then listing specials here just does not add up. I got spooked when I saw this as I am looking forward to doing business with you guys. People do put their life's in your hands, you know?

I'd like to hear why you're doing this also...
    Looking for a cash injection to fund the next stage of growth?

I'm in the same boat as you v-rod and I don't want to get burned either...

NOC-NOC?!? ...no body's home

Originally posted by v-rod
    I'm sorry but, stopping the sell of servers and then listing specials here just does not add up. I got spooked when I saw this as I am looking forward to doing business with you guys. People do put their life's in your hands, you know?
    Well understandable but We have to do whats best for the company and our current and feature customers.
    Abdul

Originally posted by HostIt
    I'd like to hear why you're doing this also...
    Looking for a cash injection to fund the next stage of growth?

I'm in the same boat as you v-rod and I don't want to get burned either...
    "We stop selling servers because we experienced exponential growth. We wanted to reduce the amount of servers sold daily. We are also staffing up and re-organizing our support team to better serve our customers"
    Abdul

I can vouch for fastservers as they are a fantastic company to deal with. As stated before, the reason why the stopped taking new signups was because of the growth that they had. I respect that they did this, and now they are comfortable taking new orders thus the post.

You can't go wrong with them.

-Steven
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Originally posted by Bangs
    "We stop selling servers because we experienced exponential growth. We wanted to reduce the amount of servers sold daily. We are also staffing up and re-organizing our support team to better serve our customers"
    Abdul
    Yes, I read that but I was asking why you're posting on here taking orders when you're still not taking orders on your site? And why the quarterly deals only? It just seems odd...

I have never seen anyone dodge a question like this before....

I give up, let the thread die please...

Originally posted by v-rod
    I have never seen anyone dodge a question like this before....

I give up, let the thread die please...
    WRONG!!!! You might want to reread all the post.

WRONG!!!!
    Not something to say to a potential client... All done here!

I will be waiting to explain my side of the story Melvin Lim. Bring it on.
    SINCE YOU REQUESTED, I shall obliged, Abdul Bangura.

My Earlier post :

Hello Abdul,
    What happen to my server?
    I've signed up since Monday and I have yet to receive any info on it ! (You are no accepting orders but coincidently you made me an offer while on AIM)
    First you tell me 24-48 hrs it'll be up. (Since there is no accepting of orders as you said, I trusted the you guys should be free enough to get it up in 24-48 hours as you prromise)
    Later I received an email telling me 3-5 days. (fine, I'm not that urgent anyway but the first promise is broken)
    Now both promises has past, I send 2-3 emails and no response.(I did get RESPONSE but from the BILLING DEPT. ! and anoth promise of LASTEST FRIDAY EVENING OR SATURDAY MORNING)
    If you need 1-2 weeks to set up a server, just say so.
    Care to explain?
    I also requested that if you can't deliver it or needed MORE time, I would be glad to cancel the order and get it elsewhere.

I sent another 2-3 emails on Saturday evening, no reply.

I only get info of the Server on Monday.
    BUT not according to what we agreed, 256mb ram instead of 512, 4 ips instead of 10.

When I asked you about it, you got the cheek to reply :
    mysticalabdul: sorry you didnt give us enough time to upgrade the server

I am very pissed off with all the broken promises.
    If you have told me you need 1-2 WEEKS to deliver it in the first place, I could well decide if I can wait.

I have NEVER physically called a hosting company unless that NECCESSARY.
    especially an overseas host.
    BUT I have to ! since there's no reply and manged to speak to Aaron, Fastservers vice-president as claimed.
    Aaron promise within 8 hours the upgrade will be done when I called him on Tuesday but it took more than that with again ! no reply of emails.

NOW, the upgrade is done but still short of the ips !
    I sing up last Monday and till today Fastservers has not deliver what is promised !

I am VERY disappointed with the service by Fastservers which makes me doubt the reliability of the reviews here on WHT.

BTW, I have NEVER come across any HOST that needs 1-2 weeks to deliver a simple configure server.

I am not interested in your excuses or reasons NOW, rather deliver what is promised and I can carry on with my life.

Melvin
    Always a Newbie :-)

Originally posted by BKM

SINCE YOU REQUESTED, I shall obliged, Abdul Bangura.

My Earlier post :

Hello Abdul,
    What happen to my server?
    I've signed up since Monday and I have yet to receive any info on it ! (You are no accepting orders but coincidently you made me an offer while on AIM)
    First you tell me 24-48 hrs it'll be up. (Since there is no accepting of orders as you said, I trusted the you guys should be free enough to get it up in 24-48 hours as you prromise)
    Later I received an email telling me 3-5 days. (fine, I'm not that urgent anyway but the first promise is broken)
    Now both promises has past, I send 2-3 emails and no response.(I did get RESPONSE but from the BILLING DEPT. ! and anoth promise of LASTEST FRIDAY EVENING OR SATURDAY MORNING)
    If you need 1-2 weeks to set up a server, just say so.
    Care to explain?
    I also requested that if you can't deliver it or needed MORE time, I would be glad to cancel the order and get it elsewhere.

I sent another 2-3 emails on Saturday evening, no reply.

I only get info of the Server on Monday.
    BUT not according to what we agreed, 256mb ram instead of 512, 4 ips instead of 10.

When I asked you about it, you got the cheek to reply :
    mysticalabdul: sorry you didnt give us enough time to upgrade the server

I am very pissed off with all the broken promises.
    If you have told me you need 1-2 WEEKS to deliver it in the first place, I could well decide if I can wait.

I have NEVER physically called a hosting company unless that NECCESSARY.
    especially an overseas host.
    BUT I have to ! since there's no reply and manged to speak to Aaron, Fastservers vice-president as claimed.
    Aaron promise within 8 hours the upgrade will be done when I called him on Tuesday but it took more than that with again ! no reply of emails.

NOW, the upgrade is done but still short of the ips !
    I sing up last Monday and till today Fastservers has not deliver what is promised !

I am VERY disappointed with the service by Fastservers which makes me doubt the reliability of the reviews here on WHT.

BTW, I have NEVER come across any HOST that needs 1-2 weeks to deliver a simple configure server.

I am not interested in your excuses or reasons NOW, rather deliver what is promised and I can carry on with my life.

Melvin
    Melvin Lin that wastn't so bad you got your server thats all that matters to me. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions or comments.
    Thanks
    Abdul

Melvin Lin that wastn't so bad you got your server thats all that matters to me. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions or comments.
    Thanks
    Abdul
    I wonder if Fastservers knows about this guy's posts? He is really hurting their rep here... Could be wrong, could just be me, I don't know.

He says that they need to reduce the amount of sales, yet he advertises a sale! Just does not add up.

I don't even care anymore...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by v-rod

I wonder if Fastservers knows about this guy's posts? He is really hurting their rep here... Could be wrong, could just be me, I don't know.

He says that they need to reduce the amount of sales, yet he advertises a sale! Just does not add up.

I don't even care anymore...
    [/Q]

I think you are right its you thats wrong.

I think you are right its you thats wrong.
    Yes, for ever considering your company!

Enough said!

Dammit and I was all ready to jump on the Fastservers ship and "Bangs" comes in here and behaves like a complete ass.

Can somebody *else* from Fastservers please comment on the above discussion?

Wow i seriously can't beleive bangs came on here like this after fastservers such good rep here lately , you can ruin a rep way faster than you can earn one so bangs just my 2cents is you need to apologize to all that you talked bad about as i would be extremely mad if i had'ntgot my server in time and with right things done to it.

Sorry

Sorry folks did not mean to get on anyone's toes. My apologies
    Lets move on. No insults intended
    Abdul
    Last edited by Bangs; 09-19-2002 at 10:08 PM.

An honest feedback after having my server for more than a month.

After all the unneccessary, I finally got my server and eveything has been going well with only a hiccup of dos-attack as mentioned in the other threads but was resolved quickly.

Fastservers support has been satisfactory so far too.
    Reminding me of my loads, usages, etc.

Despite all the initial unhappiness, I am all for it to anyone considering their services.

Fastservers, Keep up the good work !
    Always a Newbie :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12