Question In search of reseller host advice...

I am thinking about becoming a reseller but don't really want to spend a ton trying it out. I would be willing to spend < or = to $20 bucks / month for a very reliable host, but don't know which ones are respectable, reputable, and have good quick customer service. Any help, tips and pointers would be welcome.

Re: In search of reseller host advice...

Originally posted by Tweaked
    . . . . . . . . Any help, tips and pointers would be welcome.
    Increase your expendatures. Or decrease your expectations.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

"Increase your expendatures. Or decrease your expectations."

You wont find many plans like at big places, such as McHost. However if you put a request in the "Web Hosting Requests" forums, I am sure you will get tons of replies.

Originally posted by phpcoder
    "Increase your expendatures. Or decrease your expectations."

You wont find many plans like at big places, such as McHost. However if you put a request in the "Web Hosting Requests" forums, I am sure you will get tons of replies.
    I agree, most of the offer will be unreal, but, heck, that's your call
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

i also agree.. i would consider upping your budget a hair for a decent host.. remember, it's one thing hosting yourself, but when other paying clients come UNDER you and your host has poor support, then the pressure is on. :-/
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

do not go with a host too cheap. i make the mistake twice.

Originally posted by e-stefan
    do not go with a host too cheap. i make the mistake twice.
    Sayyyy it again! Amen. If you skim here, you're just going to have fustrations and problems and it is a hassle to move sites to another provider. not to mention your customers won't appreciate the crappy service very much either...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

There is someone here offering mini-resellers accts, but I forget who it was. You also might check out Techark.com.

So far so good with my mini-reseller account with tqhosting.com -- check with Mark Price there, tell him I sent ya.

He does custom plans and I have been a happy camper thus far.

Mark