Thread: On a plate...

On a plate...

I'm offering myself on a plate

I am about to start University next month and am looking for some sort of employment to get me through it. I currently work for Currys and am fed up of the tough work which I can't stand doing - I am looking here as I would like work in something that I am interested in.

I can be online at certain times of the day if pre-arranged or I am also online a lot in general. I will be having a lot of free time particularly at weekends.

I feel I would be a valuable asset for the right company for these reasons:

• A lot of companies have weaker support at the weekend. Some don't even have any support until Monday! As we know support is the most crucial element of a webhosting company. I am able to handle first-line support quickly, effectively, politly and professionally via Email, helpdesk, forums, AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ etc etc. (gee that was a long one)
    • I have plenty of knowledge of Windows 2000 Server with IIS5, Hsphere, Cpanel and Webhostingmanager. I have the ability to learn very quickly if required.
    • Experienced with web technologies such as ASP, PHP, HTML. I for example one of your clients is having problems with a script I can be on hand to help
    • I am a dedicated individual - often going out of my way to help out in extra ways for example debugging a clients script they can't get to work.
    • I have setup many scripts in the past and could be a valuable asset to liase with your clients and assist them in this matter.
    • With my website design and development experience I am able to create (if need be), modify and update your (or your clients if need be) websites.

You can see from the reasons listed above that I have a multitude of skills which could benefit your company and it's profitibility. Another advantage is that being in the UK if for example you are in the US, I can cover the night shifts easier as it is when it would be early morning over here (If I recall correctly)

If you would like to contact me please email [email protected],
    visit my website
    AIM: Windydesigns,
    MSN [email protected]
    Tel: 07732 060412

Or alternativly reply below. I am very negotiable and if you have any other circumstances for employment I would be glad to discuss them.

Last edited by The Laughing Cow; 09-14-2002 at 10:53 AM.

Looks good

It definitely wouldn't be difficult for you to find some work as long as your rates are reasonable.. good luck!
    Have you Floble'd today?

Thanks for the good words - you would think so woundn't you. I understand that I am not the most experienced person, and don't pass myself off as it but I have a really strong enthusiasm and dedication to such a job.

PS: Edited first post as the hyperlinks were wrong.

I don't see any sales skills there? It is a pity, because we are looking for a sales person.

if interested, mail me.

Life is too short to correct 1 mistake !

Last edited by The Laughing Cow; 09-15-2002 at 05:38 AM.

Knew I missed something

I have experience in sales when I ran my own hosting company prior to selling it.

I am still looking for a job as it appears the one which I had almost sorted probably isn't going to work out.