* RackShack Service

might be a little long! About RS's Customer service and my pains!

OKay, Where to start!!

Well before Starting with RS i did a lot of invesgating and asking users on this board about a Provider! About 90% of you said RS... So i tryed them out. I am probley going to get flamed for this .. but i need to say what's on my mind!

So My box started to get UDP packeted, why do you ask? because i starting an IRCD server to help promote my webhosting! And the whole network got hit! i was hit with over 900 megabit /sec and it downed my box!

What did RS do? They nulled my IP ... which was cool by me .. after 12 hours they put it back online and that's it!!! or is it?? I keeped getting hit .. so i changed my IRCD off my main ip to another one ... guess what .. main box still was getting hit .. and my NEW ip for the IRCD was not touched!!! hmmmmm..

So i called RS .. told them i had 200 gb inbound ONLY and was being packeted! they nulled my ip again!! after a bit turned it back on ... same thing happened .. ( they said i was fine ) called customer service this time ( IN BANDWIDTH was now at 250 gb ) in 1 night! They told me to talk to Tech. Tech gave me the run around! I asked for a new ip! was told no .. was told they will null the ip and wait for the attacks to stop!

But what is Happening is someone hacked some bots and entered my IP, So whenever anyone with the hacked PC turns it on .. that Ip will be packeted!!

So i tryed to explain that to the Supervisor and NOC ... no go .. my bandwidth is not at 300+ gb .. then 315gb .. at last look it was around 322gb inbound .. in like 6 days !!!!

I was to start my business today but i can't .. I have called customer service 4 times. Emailed Headsurfer and Manager of Customer service 4 days ago. No reply. Called tech support. Spend total of 8 hours talking to them. NO go.. they tell me to talk to manager!

All they would need to do is change teh ip of main box and no more problems. I have been running the IRCD for 4 days under new IP and nothing has happened to it! But NOC doesn't want to change main IP!

would save a lot of time and pain if they changed it!!! The attacks are because of hacked bots. I am trying to run this business but they are not helping at all! There only solution is to null ip or "turn off box".

The reason is am saying this is because i was told they have a KICK ass customer service level! and i want to let new ppl know that they are around .. but to tell you the truth ... trying to get something done is like spinning your wheels in the mud!! your not going anywhere .. and just waisting your gas!

anyways .. ppl might flame me because i know RS is big here .. but that's how i feel! really tired of getting dicked around.

PS.

Called 8+ times
    sent 7 Different emails to different people
    talked with NOC and Two different supervisors ( got no where )
    been dealing with this for 8+ days

Re: RackShack Service

Originally posted by SeanK
    The reason is am saying this is because i was told they have a KICK ass customer service level! and i want to let new ppl know that they are around .. but to tell you the truth ... trying to get something done is like spinning your wheels in the mud!! your not going anywhere .. and just waisting your gas!
    I want to know who told you RackShack had KICK ass customer service? The only thing 95% of RackShack techs know how to do is to reinstall the OS. Are you sure the person didn't say Kick in the ass customer service?

IRC server are always under attack that is nothing new, you need to find a host the is knowlegeable with IRC servers.
    Last edited by sitekeeper; 09-14-2002 at 05:07 AM.
    Sitekeeper
    Google

The smarter move would have been to block the IP at their core routers, get a new IP and move on.

Stuart
    Biza•io - Digital Wealth Management
    The Blockchain Wallet - Multi Crypto Wallet

I requested a new ip. so far i have gotten a "no"

No doubt you would have been assigned like 8 IPs or something, which is the standard for RS boxes iirc. Drop one, and then setup on a new one.

Stuart

avoid them.

Hey,

I disagree completely on apollo's viewpoint.

My experience of Rackshack is varied in different areas. Their network is fast and efficient. That said, for such a low cost one can't expect knowledgable techs 24/7. Nor can one expect that RS will do anything for them. They reboot and reformat. That's all.

If you want better tech support, grab a RS server then hire a tech at a minimum monthly allocation of time and be happy you're getting a quality server at a cheap price without jeopodizing your reliability.

Stuart

Originally posted by SeanK
    I requested a new ip. so far i have gotten a "no"
    I wouldnt give you one either. However I would offer to sell you one. It isnt thier fault you got the bad end of a ICMP attack.

UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!!

Hey All,
    Just got off the phone with Customer Service Supervisor. She was VERY sorry. And it was not a Fake Sorry ( i think you guys know what i mean ). She said she is going to have them change my IP and also I will not have to worry about at inbound Attack bandwidth. She made me feel really good for the first time since i have dealed with anyone at RS! Now i asked for an Email because she said it's saturday and might not happen until monday! So we will see... If she holds up to what she said ..

But from my end ... looking good ppl!!!!!! ( fingers Cross )

Originally posted by Perlboy
    Hey,

I disagree completely on apollo's viewpoint.

My experience of Rackshack is varied in different areas. Their network is fast and efficient. That said, for such a low cost one can't expect knowledgable techs 24/7. Nor can one expect that RS will do anything for them. They reboot and reformat. That's all.

If you want better tech support, grab a RS server then hire a tech at a minimum monthly allocation of time and be happy you're getting a quality server at a cheap price without jeopodizing your reliability.

Stuart
    What if its hardware related. Your contracted tech cannot do anything

id say you got a decent reaction if you ask me. If you attracted a 900mbps attack to ANY other provider on these forums except maybe httpd.net, guess what, your server would be offline permanently by now i should think, and you'd probably be looking for a lawyer as they'd want to nail you for the bandwidth charges , not to mention most likely downing their entire network/customer base.
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

I agree. I just hope you didn't exaggerate the 900mbit
    <<Please RTFM for signature setup>>