IL, USA

Question High quality dedicated server provider - which one?

I'm currently considering geting a new dedicated server. The provider must be of high quality and prove it. Out of the ones I've seen they would be: tera-byte, ventures online, Those are the types of providers I'm looking at, but haven't found exactly what I need yet or pricing issues.

My specs are (dedicated server):

Intel Pentium III - 800Mhz or better
    256+ MB RAM
    20+ GB Hard Drive
    Redhat Linux
    Admin Control Panel - Cpanel or Plesk
    Full email control panel
    100+ GB Bandwidth
    Backup of Site for quick re-start should a database crash or a major problem occured. (I want to be up and running with the latest backup quickly - prefer daily backup).
    Guranteed 99% uptime with monitoring - must be qualified to prove it.
    Free 24/7 Tech Support.
    Ability to help with installing software, scripts, etc. (would pay for installs/setup).
    No additional fees for more memory, control panels, etc. I excpect to pay for additional bandwidth.

I'm running a forum, just like the one here using Vbulletin software and require a VERY good host that's there when I need them, can install software for me (I just don't have the time anymore), restore MySQL crashes (it happens on occasion), etc.

Well, one dedicated host that needs no convincing as very high quality is

Originally posted by GeorgeC
    Well, one dedicated host that needs no convincing as very high quality is
    I 've recently went to rackspace for quote on their dedi, they ask to many questions (like budget and other competitor in consideration etc)just for a quote, I personally do not like it as I consider that to be subjetc discriminatory pricing. But words has it that they got a good support around and a few server that I have lookup on netcraft have an average of 50-60 uptime -- if they just give a standard quote first perhaps I will reveal more info to them later.....

IL, USA

List of hosts NOT on my list

I have ruled out the following for reasons besides price. I don't mind paying for quality service, but I MUST have a good support staff, the ability to have them install scripts on the sever and 99% guranteed uptime that's PROVEN.

Ruled out:

Rackspace (most likely)

Dell (yes, Dell, haven't had luck with their support)

Ventures Online (charge monthly for extra memory or other custom configs - give me a break!!)

Darmstadt, Germany
    I can highly vouch for here.

I got a dedicated for half a month there now, and i'm more than happy, better said, very impressed of their network and costumer service!
    Their NOC is staffed 24/7 so even if i got some problems here in Europe, when it's late night there, i get answers in minutes ... it's really amazing
    As i got a quote from them, they were very nice were willingly to deal with me, so in the end i got a good price and a costum made package which fits my needs
    I'd rate them 9/10
    Well, enough praising now
    Drop [email protected] a mail with your requirements, and i'm sure they got a nice deal for you!

In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

I can recommend VenturesOnline from personal experience, their service is pretty good and reliable.