Thumbs up Props to GoDaddy...

I was with Cyberwings. (admitting it is the first step)

My first account was set up by SJW himself. (I may have been one of the first customers) . I had a pretty successful hobby site that resided on AOL. I won a SJW e-Bay auction. I thought it would be cool to have a website with its OWn Domain...OOOOHhhhAAAHhhhhhh
    My White set up my account and registered the domain name for me. I was happy as heck it all went smotheeeeee as silk.
    Few months later I registered a new account , SJW had become a bit bussier I assume and now made me go and register my domain myself. I used CW's Domain Regitration (A godaddy reseller it turned out)

All AOK for me until the fan did its work a few months ago.

I ran away fast to my New Southern friends at Dixiesys.com.
    (Back ups are good, back ups are Good) (Back ups are good, back ups are Good) (Back ups are good, back ups are Good) (Back ups are good, back ups are Good)

I now needed to reset my domains and get em pointed to a server that existed ...
    Here is where it gets a bit foggy.

I get my second domain set AOK via Cyberwings domian control pannels. Sweet!
    Then I start looking for my first domain (the one set up so curtiously by SJW). Well...I am listed as the contacts etc. But he used HIS freegin' e-mail. No Domain registar will / can even let me transfer it away... (Yes I tried several things)(ok more than several)
    I finaly got a CSR at GoDaddy to connect me with a nice fellow in the "presidents office", Brad.
    A few e-mails later and my second domain was set up in my own brand new godaddy account. I also created a new domain with a diferent suffix because we had a serious problem ( never really explained to me) (because of SJW. ) I couldnt get my name.
    One day I even get a phone call from Brad at my home. Said he didnt want me to think he forgot about it etc. He told me to be patient. He would take care of it. But it would be a while.
    Well my Domain expired a few weeks ago. (where it was under SJW's control)
    But ALAS
    I look today at my account at GoDaddy.... Presto!!! there is my old friendly missing domain under my control waiting for me to point it in the correct place. Its also registered for two years (On Godaddy)

That made me happy. Time for a cold one,

Hope this was topical. After the CW/SJW fiasco I have had a fun month in cyberspace! I also thought I'd share a GOOD customer service story with folks. (heck I wasnt even a GoDaddy customer when they started to help)

Rich
    www.thisoldnewt.net
    (experiencing down time due to server move at Dixie at the moment)

Yes - I use godaddy for all my domains. GODADDY are great!

my domain is through godaddy and for their price they are great!

Go Daddy has been stand up throughout all this.

The actual cyberwings.com domain name now points to their internal reseller account and not Shawn's.

New CSRs

Not intended to flame, but I recently got a chance to speak with 4 different frontline support staff members of GoDaddy and sensed a "little" difference from the good old days when you were able to speak directly with their domain manager (who has been VERY helpful). Perhaps they are young or ... Anyway, price-wise, they are excellent; but the quality of service doesn't seem to be matching, sadly Let's hope they won't follow the path of Register.com, which I ONCE had high hope when they became the first alternative to the previously monopolistic Network Solutions
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Actually I have found their service levels to have increased. I may not have needed the advanced help you have, but it has improved.

One big area it has improved in is customer service. No longer are their reps pompus and full of themselves. They actually work with you to find out what issues are occurring and how to correct them. YMMV, but I have been impressed in the last two months.

Go-Daddy is great. If they where to screw up on me, right down the street from me.

Yeah, Godaddy - great price, good service. I haven't needed them to nearly the level you have - but the 3 or 4 times i have called them their support team has been very helpful. 2 of the 4 times I called the techs weren't super-friendly. . . but they knew their stuff.

I can forgo some of the pleasantries for more direct, to-the-point service. As long as it's competant service.

Worst support in my experience is Verisign/Netsol/Registrars .com. Man, their level1 techs have no authority to do anything, and know nothing it felt! I documented hours of calls to them for a few issues and it was terrible. You would think given they are so expensive, they could be the best!

Register.com is close to that though. I had an issue that made me call there and the tech started reading private notes that she probably shouldn't have. Armed with that info after seeing that she couldn't help me, I talked to her boss who was an arrogant 'Nothing with domain registration is guaranteed' type of tech. Asked to talk to his manager and he transferred me to someone in Nova Scotia, even though he was in NY or NJ. So, I talked to the them and their boss and that was when I got the person that said, 'hmm, yep, there's a problem - the first person should have seen it, I'll have it fixed within 2 hours'. Sure enough, whois on their webpage confirmed that my efforts were worth it.

But man, nothing is ever easy with these level1 people. Godaddy has given me the best level1 support of them all though. Never had to have an issue escalated there.

Funny, eh? Cheapest service yet most would agree most efficient.

-WC-

no offense to anyone who likes em but godaddy sucks. one of my really old domains is still with them, i cancelled two years ago, and still get billed every year, and thats only the beginning of my complaints with them.

www.registerfly.com if for me, responses with 10 minutes most of the time, I recommend www.registerfly.com

They have one of your domains that's over 2 years expired?

I would love to see that hostname to see that myself.

-wc-

Originally posted by sbyhost
    no offense to anyone who likes em but godaddy sucks. one of my really old domains is still with them, i cancelled two years ago, and still get billed every year, and thats only the beginning of my complaints with them.

www.registerfly.com if for me, responses with 10 minutes most of the time, I recommend www.registerfly.com

If this is the case...what does Go Daddy say about this? If you had canceled you should not be billed. Write to the support department or Bob Parsons. [email protected], he'll get it fixed.