Thumbs up Anyone using NameStrong?

Hi, I checked here for any comments on NameStrong but didn't find any so registered a name with them anyway.

So far, their service has been good. Quick replies, fast page loading, and a nice domain manager. They seem to have all the features including good price of $8.87. A Enom reseller.

hmm.
    WirelessCon.Com BlackHat.INFO Business.NU

Why try an unknown company when Godaddy is known, has good service, and the price is the same?

-WC-

Why try an unknown company when Godaddy is known, has good service, and the price is the same?
    To make this new company known. Every company deserves a chance, and from the looks of it, this one could be a good competitor of Godaddy.

Namecheap, enom reseller, $8.88 ... I'm sure there are quite a few enom resellers at this pricepoint.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

The only difference between registrars these days seems to be features and support.

Originally posted by blob2
    The only difference between registrars these days seems to be features and support.
    I completely agree. However I would change the orders: support first then features.
    Founder of TradeHolding.com B2B Network and OneLoveNet.com Singles & Dating
    >> Business Blog
    >> Business Links Directory

I completely agree. However I would change the orders: support first then features.
    how much support do you need for domain registration? I would rather have better features because those are what ill be using more often. I have never had a question for my registrar.

Originally posted by bandwidth
    I have never had a question for my registrar.
    Let me give you one recent example.

We had a customer register a .ca domain. After about 120 days, CIRA challenged the registration for improperly declared status and put the domain on hold.

CIRA will not work directly with the customer, they will only work through the registrar.

The domain stopped working 15 days after the CIRA challenge.

What would you do if your registrar did not provide support?

We spent tens of hours on the phone between our customer and CIRA in order to get this domain reactivated and the Canadian presense requirements correctly stated.

We lost money on that domain - big time.

Customer is happy. CIRA is happy. Hopefully this customer will believe that support is more important than saving a few bucks on his domain registration and he'll tell all his friends...

I hope for your sake you don't ever have to ask your registrar for help - or that if you do, they are able to respond in a timely manner; unless having your domain available and online is not all that important to you.

-t
    Last edited by thewitt; 09-16-2002 at 11:23 AM.
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

thewitt: yea, i now realize how stupid it was to say that. Just because i personally have never run into a problem doesnt mean no one will...lol, i cant believe i was so oblivious considering i just purchased an openSRS account...but ill only be registering .com .net and .org for hosting customers, not like a domain reg company.
    (thats all assuming i can get it set up lol)

Nice he got something great.