Thread: MSSQL db size

Question MSSQL db size

I am offering a Windows package that will include MSSQL db. I am wondering what the typical size (in MB) is for a host to offer? Right now I have it set at 15 MB, but I wonder if that is sufficient. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    WebFire Solutions

Give your clients the option to buy additional SQL Server space if they need to.
    By the way, are you satisfied with the matrixreseller service?
    How did you integrate 2checkout payment with H-Sphere control panel?

Cheers,
    Peter

Is that for both the .log and .data file? For what it's worth, our site is SQL powered, and the main dbase holding about 1800 hosts and some 3500 plans, several hundred reviews, etc. is a 14mb data file and creates a 14mb log file. So we are using 28mb space with our sql files. Plus some room for a sql backup if you are going to offer that, which you could actually just put back in the inetpub dir if you wanted.

I'd say since most sql users are pretty serious about their DBs, I'd offer a bit more space - perhaps 50MB?

lpguitars - I think I will just go ahead and increase the SQL space. I don't want to run into problems later on down the road.

Poncho - so far I have been satisfied with matrixreseller. I have been with them 3 months. One thing I especially like is that they are very open with their customers, and I always feel like I know what is going on. There support is better than any host I have ever been with, and all my problems have been taken care of, usually within hours.

As for 2 checkout, I did not get it working with H-Sphere. I have turned off billing for all my plans and just run the users through the 2checkout cart system. I then signup the plans myself for the customer. So far, it seems to work OK. Although I would much rather be able to use the H-Sphere billing system, for reasons like the next paragraph.

As for allowing the customer to add SQL space, I cannot do this because I have turned the billing feature off in H-Sphere. Having billing turned on does not allow me to do this

Thanks for your help!
    WebFire Solutions

50 mb for MS SQL database file is OK, but you can give option for additional space to the customer if they desire.

As for allowing the customer to add SQL space, I cannot do this because I have turned the billing feature off in H-Sphere. Having billing turned on does not allow me to do this
    You can create packages for additional sql space/web space/traffic in your 2checkout and give your customers the payment links if they need to buy something more.

Peter

Poncho- what I mean is that there is no way (without the billing option) to add more SQL space for that user. I would have to create another plan that had more SQL space and they would have to upgrade to that plan. This is why I would like to see 2checkout support in H-Sphere, so that I could do it the "right" way.
    WebFire Solutions