Ticketed support - Why PerlDesk ?

Hi,
    I am thinking of using Ticketed support in the furture why is it that most hosts are using PerlDesk that costs US$70??

Since there are free ones out there that do the same thing

You don't have to pay the 70USD for Perldesk. You can use it for free providing you leave their copyright notice in there.
    Josh Powell.
    ServerSpotCheck - Is your website down?
    Skimpylink - Not as tiny as some but much cuter!

Cool thanks you answered my question.

If you have a large amount of tickets perldesk sucks.

First if you are responding to a ticket on page 3 it always returns you to page one. Huge waste of time. Also you can only set permissions as staff you can't check an individual permissions on a user. If one staff user has those permissions every user has them. For example If I want to give senior techs delete privledges then everyone under staff will get them. It just doesn't have enough features for my needs.

If you need something simple then this might be what you are looking for. Otherwise spend the money and get phphelpdesk.

I use web site supporter, and it does everything under the sun. Just thought I'd through a 3rd option in there

Eric

Originally posted by braysurdi
    I use web site supporter, and it does everything under the sun. Just thought I'd through a 3rd option in there

Eric
    Perhaps you could provide a link to a website where one might obtain a copy of this software?

Personally, I really don't like PerlDesk. Eventually I am looking to buy eSupport from Kayako unless I find something better before that time comes. I really like the software that Kayako has made from using their demos
    Jordan Bouvier

i can't remember the name of the place i got this one but its not free anymore but its amazing cool

http://helpdesk.zdwebhosting.com
    login - wht
    pass - testme

hav'nt actually put it into use but i like it alot and it has a refresh like ever 30 seconds too not sure if perldesk has that.

Here is the link to the above.. pretty pricey but does look damn nice.. http://www.corpvis.net/?p=products_pricing

Originally posted by OKIHost
    Here is the link to the above.. pretty pricey but does look damn nice.. http://www.corpvis.net/?p=products_pricing
    yea i can't think who on my buddy list sent me the free version they used to have for download.

if i find it or whatever i'll surely let everyone have it

I use PerlDesk because it’s a great piece of helpdesk software and most of all its Free!

the thing is all of them have ugly interfaces by my standards. you would think in the 00 series of years companies would learn to pay outside sources to design layout/GUI. You could have an average support system with a killer GUI and it will outsell a better system with a crappy GUI 10-1.

www.cgiadmin.com, but it looks like they are redesigning the site right now

We use "Support Center" from www.isolsoft.com

The developer of it just informed me that he is working on an updated version that will be out in a week or so.

Originally posted by SonServer
    We use "Support Center" from www.isolsoft.com

The developer of it just informed me that he is working on an updated version that will be out in a week or so.
    Looks alot like PerlDesk to me.. Might have a few more options but I dont see anything much more..

Yikes!!!! this is a blatent ripoff of phphelpdesk!

take a look at the orignial phpsupportdesk.com