1-800-811-HOST Toll-Free 800#

this number is for sale - it's not been used or marketed since 1995. comes with or without matching domain. this number is terminating to my fax line at the moment. so, the best way to reach me is via my email address. serious rich people/corporate offers only please - i'm looking for US dollar signs or perhaps a 2002 hummer in trade + dollars??

i hope that this message is not inappropriate - but, where else can i go short of ebay but here!

kindly,

Greg
    Los Angeles, CA
      0 Not allowed!

Can you give us an idea of what price you want (e.g. minimum bid)? Also: How does selling toll-free numbers work anyway? With domains, I know you can transfer ownership but how will you "give us" the number?
      0 Not allowed!

A Hummer?!?!
    Lead Designer @ SingleHop
      0 Not allowed!

cgwebhost, transfering an 800# is easier and faster than a domain. right now, 1-800-811-host [ 1-800-811-4678 ] is terminating to my fax line and i could call my LD company and request that they terminate it to my cell phone .. it would take about 1 hour. Transfering ownership is easier and faster too. what i would do, upon sale, is have my LD company fax me a transfer of ownership form and then i'd sign it and fax it back to both XO Communications and the buys LD company.

It's easy - much easier and quicker than transfering a domain. think of toll-free numbers as 'pointers' .. they only point to phone numbers.

Proof and/or verification that i do indeed own the number [ and that there is no outstanding balance on the account ] is easy to prove also. You see, XO Communications is my LD carrier - and upon serious inquiree i would put the serious buyer in contact [ they could call XO themselves if they want ] with XO Communications, my LD company.

I want a lot for this number. The reply to your question; A LOT is .. "a lot" but .. as you know "a lot" is a relative thing. To a medium-size corporation a lot is .. not that much. And, to a large corporation, 'a lot' is ... well, not that much at all.

Kindest regards,

Yeah - i like hummers

greg
    Last edited by 800-811-host; 09-12-2002 at 09:10 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I'll take offers. And, if it's too low, i'll say so.

greg
      0 Not allowed!

perhaps a 2002 hummer in trade + dollars??
    Yeah.. right.

What makes this so valuable?

why couldnt someone just register
    800-812-host
    800-813-host
    800-814-host
    800-815-host
    800-816-host
    800-***-host
    assuming they are not taken.
    Jason Mansfield - jmansfie [at] uoguelph.ca
      0 Not allowed!

Just FYI... there do not appear to be any 800 numbers ending in HOST available. There are still quite a few 866-xxx-host numbers that one could get!

Don't mean to de-value the poster's number, but there are others available. Some people are still of the mindset that their toll-free number HAS to be 1-800 and not 1-888, 877, or 866, though.

Here's two similar ones that are currently available:

866-711-HOST
    877-311-HOST

Take it for what its worth
    Peachtree WebWorks, LLC
    http://www.peachtreewebworks.com
      0 Not allowed!

ptww, maybe 1-855-811-host is available? or, 1-844""?

kdghsu, those numbers are taken per LD co's.

kindly,
    811 not 911 host
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

$25 per month? plus 5 cents per min inbound?

old military saying; "What Price Glory"

regards,
    greg
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

I am not sure what should be value of a phone number.

Are you looking into three figures / four figures / five figures ? Just to get an idea.

Regards
    Abhishek
    Submit2Please.com - Submit your site to 500+ SEO friendly directories
    EasySiteEdit.com - Point. Click. Edit. Works with existing site.
      0 Not allowed!

hi,

i'm waiting for an offer - would you like my toll-free 800 number?
      0 Not allowed!

Well, the new Hummers weigh in around $50,000 USD (for the H2's), so if you make an offer for $100, you're most likely going to be refused. I will say that hosts I know here don't seem willing to pay high prices for a generic phone number. They seem more interested in getting a number with their name in it, such as 1-8xx-HOST-NAME etc.

The people on thsi forum range from resellers to own/run large datacenters. If you don't get an offer close to what you are looking for, you may want to consider selling for whatever you can get as this si a pretty good cross cut of the industry. You also may want to directly approach larger providers.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken
      0 Not allowed!

hi,

i'm just waiting for an offer. there's no need to commentate/moderate/opinionate - since, i'm just waiting for ..an offer.
      0 Not allowed!

Posted this earlier in response to another thread...

AT&T Toll Free Lookup has letter number finding capabilities.
    Note - it only returns the 1st 10 it finds - usually 866 numbers. Select the other toll free 800/877/etc to check those. Same with the exhange part - put try 8**-3**-HOST, 8**-4**-HOST, etc.

http://businessesales.att.com/produc...scode=gotlfw03
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by 800-811-host
    hi,

i'm just waiting for an offer. there's no need to commentate/moderate/opinionate - since, i'm just waiting for ..an offer.
    the reason people are making comments instead of offers is because you obviously want a ridiculous amount of money for it.

There are thousands of vanity 800 #'s available that lend itelf to the hosting industry. if your # was :800-web-host then that might be something to get excited about. to have a non easy to remember number just because it has host at the end would be worth I'd guess about $100 and that would be only be if someone was too lazy to search for a # on their own.
      0 Not allowed!

how do you know that i want a rediculous amount? are you serious? or have you been drinking ram? rastoma? hello?

geeesh@!%*
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I suppose that if you want a hummer I suppose my wife could give you one. Myself, I just don't swing that way. But you know... you could just go down to a bad part of town and pay $20 to get a hummer yourself.

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net
      0 Not allowed!

I'll take offers. And, if it's too low, i'll say so.

i don't know how to make it any more clear - if you get hung up on the 'hummer' just consider yourself not interested. i desire to be reasonable in everything that i do. everyone has 'their price' and your interest, with respect to your financial lot, may make it difficult for you to make an offer.

i don't know how to insert and more integrity into my offering.

1. i've got something 'valuable'
    2. i'd like to sell it for as much as possible {wouldn't you?}
    3. i'd like to maintain some dignity in the process

and, i think that 'the right buyer' will be happy to discover that i am making 1-800-811-host available.

greg
      0 Not allowed!

Ill give you a years hosting for it.. and a FREE domain name if you act now..
      0 Not allowed!

hi oki, no thank you. however, i would like to sincerely thank you for your interest and for your thoughtful consideration with respect to acquiring 1-800-811-host!

very kindly yours,
    greg
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I bid $50 (without domain). I don't know what you're looking for exactly, and I don't want to 'insult' you if you think this is more valuable than this amount. If you have a starting price in mind, then please post it so I know what the minimum is and whether I'd like to bid on it or not. I don't want to waste my time nor yours by offering far less than you're looking for.

Chicken
      0 Not allowed!

how do you know that i want a rediculous amount? are you serious? or have you been drinking ram? rastoma? hello?

geeesh@!%*
    how do I know? you're wanting more than $50. anything over that is RIDICULOUS.

also by your statements of only wanting someone RICH or a corporation to make an offer then you're wanting a ridiculous amount.

since you suggested someone trade a hummer for it (not jokingly) then you're wanting a ridiculous amount.

because you won't give anyone a rough estimate on what you want because you don't have a clue and just hope someone is stupid enough to pay a lot then you're wanting a ridiculous amount.

just get a grip on reality and on what you're trying to do and you wouldn't get so many negative replies.
      0 Not allowed!

why are you posting here? why are you waisting your time - don't you have other things to do???

go away and be blessed - bye, bye
      0 Not allowed!

no
      0 Not allowed!

rastoma,

so ....you don't have anything better to do with your time? rastoma? .."professional hosting, wholesale isp plans, domain name and more"

You seem like a busy - busy executive gal.

i live in Los Angeles. so, i'm not used to TN folk'. Are you occupied by other activities too - other than watching the clouds float by and discouraging my participation here on this board?

your participation might be more fruitful elsewhere? maybe goin' fishin?? or, hiking in the hills?

my price [ that's in my head and private to me alone ] just went up and i will be removing my email address from my profile. i won't be back.
    Last edited by 800-811-host; 09-13-2002 at 08:55 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, here's another post without a bid. After the way you've talked to members of this forum, I wouldn't give you $5 for the number with the domain name.

Good luck selling it. eBay is probably a good alternative for you about now.

[edit]

hmm . . . he seems to have decided to leave as I was posting.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

my price [ that's in my head and private to me alone ] just went up and i will be removing my email address from my profile. i won't be back.
    Bahhh, like it matters if it went up or down. For heaven's sake I have no clue (nor does anyone else) what you're asking!!!???

I guess that means my $50 bid wasn't accepted? It was an offer. You could have declined and answered my question, but anyhow...

Chicken
      0 Not allowed!