Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Crappy cage nuts, where to get the good quality ones?

I bought some cage nuts a while ago from CablesAndKits.com, they name them "CAGENUTS-100"
    Anyway, these cage nuts have the edges that keep them in place too short, any pressure against them and they will snap out of place. The datacenter had the kindness to give me a few of their cage nuts, which have longer edges and thus hold.

Crappy cage nuts, where to get the good quality ones?

I bought some cage nuts a while ago from CablesAndKits.com, they name them "CAGENUTS-100"
    Anyway, these cage nuts have the edges that keep them in place too short, any pressure against them and they will snap out of place. The datacenter had the kindness to give me a few of their cage nuts, which have longer edges and thus hold.

The cage nuts from stayonline.com have always worked fine for me in APC and Belkin racks. They have slightly longer edges than the APC ones, not sure about the ones you currently have.
    Also I think M6 is a more standard size compared to 10-32 in that kit.

__________________Mark at Tranquil Hosting - 1-888-846-3710Managed Servers and Co-location - Raleigh, North Carolina.Our Hosting Blog

The cage nuts from stayonline.com have always worked fine for me in APC and Belkin racks. They have slightly longer edges than the APC ones, not sure about the ones you currently have.

__________________Mark at Tranquil Hosting - 1-888-846-3710Managed Servers and Co-location - Raleigh, North Carolina.Our Hosting Blog

Quote:

Originally Posted by TQ Mark

Well, mine is 10-32. I dont think M6 threading would work on my setup, unless M6 makes their edges longer to grab or make them harder to pull off/come off

Quote:

Originally Posted by TQ Mark

Well, mine is 10-32. I dont think M6 threading would work on my setup, unless M6 makes their edges longer to grab or make them harder to pull off/come off

CablesAndKits Guest
    Hi guys, this is Craig Haynie with CablesAndKits.com. I frequently peruse the web looking to see what others are saying about us and anytime I find an issue that needs to be addressed I like to reply. I came across this post today and wanted to see if I could help out.
    Hostbox, I am sorry that the cagenuts you got from us didn't work well for your application. We add new products constantly and while we try to "field test" as much as possible it is just not feasible for us to test in every type of situation (IE: every rack). We have sold mountains of these over time and have never had a complaint, but obviously there are a few situations where they are not a perfect solution. We are doing to look at a few other manufacturers and see if there is someone that has a cagenut with a larger clip on it. We will then either replace the ones we have been selling or add those as a new option.
    Please please please let us know when you have any issues. We would certainly allow you to return those for a refund or exchange and would also try to find the ones you really needed. If customers don't make us aware of issues we have no way to fix them. :- )
    If you have any questions or need any help please let us know!
    Thanks!
    Craig Haynie
    CablesAndKits.Com
    Ph. 678-597-5250
    Fx. 678-597-5255
    AIM: CRAIGatARI

CablesAndKits Guest
    Hi guys, this is Craig Haynie with CablesAndKits.com. I frequently peruse the web looking to see what others are saying about us and anytime I find an issue that needs to be addressed I like to reply. I came across this post today and wanted to see if I could help out.
    Hostbox, I am sorry that the cagenuts you got from us didn't work well for your application. We add new products constantly and while we try to "field test" as much as possible it is just not feasible for us to test in every type of situation (IE: every rack). We have sold mountains of these over time and have never had a complaint, but obviously there are a few situations where they are not a perfect solution. We are doing to look at a few other manufacturers and see if there is someone that has a cagenut with a larger clip on it. We will then either replace the ones we have been selling or add those as a new option.
    Please please please let us know when you have any issues. We would certainly allow you to return those for a refund or exchange and would also try to find the ones you really needed. If customers don't make us aware of issues we have no way to fix them. :- )
    Thanks!
    Craig Haynie
    CablesAndKits.Com
    Ph. 678-597-5250
    Fx. 678-597-5255

hb-antony Guest
    Greetings,
    We have purchased cage nuts from Tiger Direct and they seem to work fine on RFMote, Dell

hb-antony Guest
    Greetings,
    We have purchased cage nuts from Tiger Direct and they seem to work fine on RFMote, Dell

CablesAndKits Guest
    Oh, I forgot to add that the size does not effect anything but the size screw needed. an M6 cagenut means that the threadsize is an M6 metric. It would use an M6 Metric screw as well. If it were a 10-32 cagenut it would use a 10-32 screw, etc.
    The lip being a different size has to do with the manufacturer of the cagenut. We are researching this and will post back again when we have more info.
    Don't overpay at TigetDirect. ;-)
    Craig

CablesAndKits Guest
    Oh, I forgot to add that the size does not effect anything but the size screw needed. an M6 cagenut means that the threadsize is an M6 metric. It would use an M6 Metric screw as well. If it were a 10-32 cagenut it would use a 10-32 screw, etc.
    The lip being a different size has to do with the manufacturer of the cagenut. We are researching this and will post back again when we have more info.
    Craig

I've been getting ours from rackmountsolutions.net and they've been just fine.
    Vern

I've been getting ours from rackmountsolutions.net and they've been just fine.
    Vern

CablesAndKits Guest
    Thanks!
    Craig Haynie
    CablesAndKits.Com
    Ph. 678-597-5250
    Fx. 678-597-5255

CablesAndKits Guest
    Thanks!
    Craig Haynie
    CablesAndKits.Com
    Ph. 678-597-5250
    Fx. 678-597-5255

hb-antony Guest
    Greetings,
    We have purchased cage nuts from Tiger Direct and they seem to work fine on RFMote, Dell & APC cabinets.
    Antony

hb-antony Guest
    Greetings,
    We have purchased cage nuts from Tiger Direct and they seem to work fine on RFMote, Dell & APC cabinets.
    Antony

CablesAndKits Guest
    Craig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast