hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : Questions about a proxy...

Forum Jump

Questions about a proxy...

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 12:18 AM
TabooCrime

Questions about a proxy...

Hello, I'm obviously new to the forum, i only have a couple questions and i'll be out of your hair. thanks in advance.
I'm looking for a 'proxy server' to hide my IP/identity. I've recently been hacked and had a ton of problems, and i would like to be as invisible as possible.
I have tried a few places, one is just for surfing the web, its a site called pronproxy.com. This site is OK, but lots of sites restrict it because they know its a proxy and don't allow them.
I've read a lot about vpns, just simply changing my IP address by using
IE > Tools > internet options > connections > Lan settings > use a random IP/port from the net, but somehow i feel this is not solid at all. To tell you the truth, i've googled and there is a overwhelming amount of information about this topic that I just don't have the capacity nor the need to know.
All I want is the explanaion in a nutshell and the solution to be as full proof as possible.
I know this is asking a lot coming from the site newb, like i said, I appreciate your responses in advance.
ty

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2008, 03:10 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

you can go to proxy.org and randomly pick proxies from the list. Pronproxy has been around a while, so it's probably been blocked by a lot of networks... as proxies get older they get blocked, so it's best to switch to newer ones. I have a proxy site, goodbyeip.com, and I switch IPs every few weeks to try avoiding being blocked.

__________________I perform System Administration

Old 12-01-2008, 10:52 PM
WHT Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by jphilipson

goodbyeip.com, and I switch IPs every few weeks to try avoiding being blocked.

Just an FYI, my corporate TrendMicro has your website flagged so I had to do a manual override to get to it. It was flagged due to you links in your footer. Just so you know.

__________________Jordan Lopez | Revcom, LLC -Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Solutions
Sales Executive | jlopez@revcom.net

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
WHMCS Encourages Users to Upgrade as Part of Important Security Update Web Hosting News 2014-08-27 12:05:55
London Police Arrest Man who Ran Proxy Server Giving Access to Blocked Websites Web Hosting News 2014-08-07 11:33:57
CloudFlare Acquires VPN and Security Provider CryptoSeal Web Hosting News 2014-06-18 17:01:31
What Can Hosts Do to Fight Child Endangerment Online? Join Us Thursday to Find Out! Blog 2014-04-16 12:54:35
AQUA Networks Limited Listing 2014-01-27 20:52:06