View Poll Results: do you know css and shtml?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • none of them

3 12.00%
  • only css

6 24.00%
  • only shtml

1 4.00%
  • both

15 60.00%

Post do you know....?

do you know about a good host? if yes please tell me and please tell my if you can have more than three dirctories

other thing do you know a good way to pass all my page to another host easily?

thanks for listening me. Jurgen

What does a poll on the knowledge of css and shtml have to do with knowing a good host anyway?
    What is this about three directories?
    Yes, there are a few ways to move your site, but it depends on where your site is hosted now.

People can suggest hosts however, but most would like to suggest their own, and they can't do that here.
    If you post in the request forums, you may find a host to your liking there.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

other thing do you know a good way to pass all my page to another host easily?
    use ssh to login to your old host, tar all the files in your /home directory, ftp to your new host, upload the tarred (but not feathered ) file, and untar

three directories? I presume you mean something like:

yourdomain.com/themes
    yourdomain.com/desktops
    yourdomain.com/cursors

If so them yes, and paid web hosting service will provide this for you. Or, if they don't I'd find it unbelievable.

Passing onto another host? Do you mean redirection from one page to another, or the moving of your website from it's current location to the new one. Looking at your Angelfire page I'd say your best bet would be to get a copy of your site locally, then pull out their banner coding etc, then upload via ftp, control panel, or webdesign software.

In all honesty it might serve you better to recreate it from scratch in a program on your computer. It'll give you the best chance of removing the 'left overs' that Angelfire will leave behind in the coding.

shtml is simple enough and there are plenty of tutorials online that explain it. You're basically just parsing another file into the main one (a header, footer, or navigation system)

CSS is a bit trickier but again there are a lot of very good tutorials online that explain it fully.

Both are very good things to use in web design as it allows you to very quickly change and edit a site from top to bottom, but only needing to edit a single file (depending on the changes themselves)

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

well i download all my page but since i dont have a good host i dont know where to upload them and no imnot refearing of

mywebsite/images
    mywebsite/photos
    mywebsite/videos

im refearing to

mywebsite/images/smiles/lol

and thanks for saying me about the forum so ican search a host

Why can't you just download a backup from your control panel?

in regard to:

mywebsite/images/smiles/lol
    (three directories deep)
    then yes any host should be able to provide you with this. If they don't I'd be interested to find out why Any scripts actually go a lot deeper than this.

As for 'sideloading' your website from one server to another, I don't think logging into the shell and tar'ing your website then using wget will help so try a site like http://www.webattack.com and look at their shareware or freeware areas for ftp software. I don't know of one myself that will ftp from server to server, but I do know there are a few that will do this. The descriptions of the software itself should let you know. VoyagerFTP is coming to mind as one that might do it, but I couldn't say for sure.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

FlashFXP transfers from one website to another via FTP.
    But it doesn't work in every sistuation.
    Doesn't matter anyway, because with anglefire you have to have the files on your PC to FTP them.
    Just find a host, and get a FTP proggy, you'll at least need these.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

well i forgot to tell you if it supports php and mysql

You forgot to do what??

-WC-