asp.net 2.0 + mssql server 2005 + ajaxtoolkit support

I need windows hosting with asp.net 2.0 + mssql server 2005 + ajaxtoolkit support for a website project that is being developed. It can probably be launched on shared hosting, but I would prefer at least a VPS. With any success this site would eventually need to be hosted on a dedicated server.
    I have been offered a 1U Dell server for free with Windows Server 2003, Dual Xenon Processors, 2 GB ram and 2 x 80gb hard drives. It would probably serve the site well for a long time, but I would need to set it up (or get it setup $) for the above requirements and get it colocated somewhere. BTW, I'm not too familiar with Windows hosting.
    To launch the site, I don't really want to spend more than $100 per month. And I'd prefer to stay in the $50 per month range if possible.
    Open to any and all suggestions, comments, questions at this point? I've searched and see a lot of suggestions for shared hosting, but I'd really like your opinions on colocating the dedicated server.

It is always advisable to colocate your boxes at driving distance from you. Hence, can you let us know where are you located?

__________________www.SoftsysHosting.com - Windows Hosting Experts!!Now Serving :: Latest Windows 2008 / IIS7 MS SQL 2008 Hosting with DotNetPanel Windows 2008 ASP, ASP.NET 2.0/3.5, MS SQL 2008, PHP, MySQL Premium Shared

I'm located in Clemmons, NC near Winston-Salem, NC.

It would probably be wise to find someone to manage this server for you, or do some reading on setting up Windows servers.
    There are several datacenters in the NC area, but to be honest you will most likely want to start with shared hosting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mksystemz

I need windows hosting with asp.net 2.0 + mssql server 2005 + ajaxtoolkit support for a website project that is being developed. It can probably be launched on shared hosting, but I would prefer at least a VPS. With any success this site would eventually need to be hosted on a dedicated server.

It would not be cost effective with vps/dedicated server because the license for windows server and sql 2005 is quite expensive.

__________________www.premiumreseller.com Reseller Hosting Cpanel 11 WHMResellerWindows Reseller Helm SmarterMail .NET 3.5

6. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com