Add these to your Control Panel

I've written some perl scripts that I think would add greatly to any Control Panel. Do you think anyone would buy them? All are web-based utilities.

1. A file mgr - better than most, I think :-)

2. A Zip/Unzip utility that handles 8 different types of file compression extensions. You can either upload your file from your PC or type in a URL, and it does the job and gives your the temp directory to download it, and automatically removes them within a specified timeframe.

3. A directory mover to move directories from one website to another

Maybe you could setup a test account some where so we can take a look. At least some screen shots....

Yes...you must have a test account, so we can try it!

I'd be interested, let me take a look.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

Sounds good Chrisb, let us see

Do you do custom programming for control panels as well, i have a few related things I need done
    Jay Kramer - Operations Manager
    Affordable Colocation and Dedicated Servers
    www.colostore.com 1-877-719-3698

Thanks for your interest. The GUI needs improving, but is OK. I didn't make it too fancy yet because I was more interested in functionality.

Which one would you like to see first?

I still have to figure out the best way to show these tools. I.E., I don't want someone messing up my site testing them, and don't want to just post the URL for everyone. I've written a lot of security into them, but I still need to add more, and confine them to certain directories, etc.

I don't know if a test acct is the best way to go about it, or just giving people a password to test it out, or maybe another way. I have CPanel and WHM, but I haven't used WHM to set up an acct yet, but I should be able to do it. Suggestions?
    Last edited by chrisb; 09-12-2002 at 04:18 PM.

Originally posted by jkca
    Do you do custom programming for control panels as well, i have a few related things I need done
    Only if it can be written in perl. What do you need done?

Well, the thread got moved to my dismay; but here are some screen shots of my Site Mgr. Got to fix those tabs at the bottom, and make the pages more attractive, but the product works well.

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sitemgr1.jpg  

2nd view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sitemgr2.jpg  

3rd view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sitemgr3.jpg  

4th view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sitemgr4.jpg  

What do you think about it?
    Last edited by chrisb; 09-13-2002 at 01:12 AM.

Hmmm... from the looks of the downloads and no responses, it appears people just wanted to see my ideas, rather than genuine interest in purchasing the programs.

Anyway, if anyone is interested further, feel free to PM me.

I actually looked at the screenshots.

I would not buy that script because I am using a free one just as good. (only talking about 1st one)

The others might be interested as I don't have one like it.

How much are u thinking on selling them for?

Originally posted by eddie
    I actually looked at the screenshots.

I would not buy that script because I am using a free one just as good. (only talking about 1st one)

The others might be interested as I don't have one like it.

How much are u thinking on selling them for?
    Well, I seriously doubt if your free site mgr does as much, but maybe so. It's impossible to show what all my site mgr does from the screenshots. For example, I didn't show 20 files checked, and how you could hit the move button at the bottom to move them all at once; or how you just click on the permissions of a file, and change them instantly or chmod several files at once.

I was thinking about licensing it. I haven't decided on the price yet. Does $100 sound fair?

What other program are you interested in, and I will post screenshots? Directory Mover or Zip Utility?

What does the zip utility do? Just zip and unzip on the fly from a page?
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

Originally posted by The Prohacker
    What does the zip utility do? Just zip and unzip on the fly from a page?
    Yes. Additionally, I have the directory mover tied into my zip utlity. That way, someone can easily type in their username and password and it will automatically upload the zipped/unzipped files to their website in the directory that they choose(and it even creates a new one directory if you want)... or of course, they can also just download them to their PC.

Here's a brief summary of how my zip utility works. Go to my zip program website, and click on either Zip or Unzip. You then are taken to the appropriate page. Let's say you want to unzip a file from another website. Just type the URI into the box, such as http://bobelf.com/fonts.tgz. Then, another page comes up and tells you that your file has been unzipped to /unzipped/1732 directory. On that same page, it says "Click here to download" or "click here to upload the file to your website". If you select to upload it to your website, then it takes you to the directory mover page, where you type in your username, ftp site name, and password, and click Upload, and it uploads the entire unzipped directory recursively into your website.

I also have a zip/unzip button on my site manager; but I may take that capability out of the site mgr, and just have it on its own program.