hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : back ordering domains

Forum Jump

back ordering domains

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Web Hosting Master

back ordering domains

How exactly does it work?
Say example.com is expiring in a few days, and I backorder it. How does that process work, do I get the domain as soon as it hits midnight that day, and get charged then, or do I get charged right away, and still have to wait for domain to go out of it's "expired" stat (I've seen this state last over 3 months before it's actually released). Any other info I should know? Just curious as I have a few domains in mind. It's an evil thing to do but hey, people should keep their domains a couple years renewed at all times.

__________________http://www.uovalor.com/ :: UO serverhttp://www.serverweave.com/ :: Server Control Panel - In Progress...

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2008, 05:04 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Back ordering through registrar won't work that's my experience, you may try out pool.com or snapdomain.com or Namewinner.com, best of luck!

Old 11-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Web Hosting Master

The big four backorder companies are Snapnames/NameJet/Pool/GoDaddy. All are free accounts. You should backorder every domain at all four (to be sure). Only GoDaddy charges you ($18.95) upfront (non-refundable) but if the Backorder fails you can put it on another domain backorder. There is a backorder thread in the Tutorials section here. It largely depends where the domain is registered.

__________________The Do's and Don't of Domain Registration o Backordering, Dropcatchers and Auction Houses (see Domain Name Tutorials forum)Whois Search

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2008, 08:26 AM
greatandrew

You see, Red Squirrel, if the domain you are interested in expires soon it doesn't mean you will manage to register it in the future as usually registrars provide their customers with 30 days of grace period to renew the domain since the moment it was expired!

__________________Search engine marketing - Let us promote your website!Professional web services - Affordable and effective updates for your website!

Old 11-27-2008, 09:54 AM

Nowadays you need a lot of money to get anything good through back ordering services.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Junior Guru

Snapnames has highest success rate.
After that Pool.com can be tried. Also, Godaddy offers service, but they are very slow. They don't get any good domains.

__________________Link Building Services and SEO. Get Best Prices for Domains - Secure payments via paypal using the Resellerclub interface. Sub Resellers invited.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Web Hosting Master

I need to recover a domain that is in Pending-Delete since yesterday. I opened an account in Godaddy for backordering it
but I have the impression that it is a bit slow, and I need
to be sure that I will recover it in 5 days, so I am thinking
in creating also a Snapnames account.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gdtechind

Snapnames has highest success rate.
After that Pool.com can be tried. Also, Godaddy offers service, but they are very slow. They don't get any good domains.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatandrew

You see, Red Squirrel, if the domain you are interested in expires soon it doesn't mean you will manage to register it in the future as usually registrars provide their customers with 30 days of grace period to renew the domain since the moment it was expired!

Yeah I've seen this. A pain. I work at an ISP and we offer domains, issue is they're all over the place with no passwords (VERY BADLY organized) now we have an enom account. i always hope to let domains expire then reregister them but it never works out. They just sit in pending for ages.
The domain I want is not even in use so I'm hoping they wont notice, but guessing the registrar will be sending emails out, or it may even be on auto renew, which seems to be most of the time.

__________________http://www.uovalor.com/ :: UO serverhttp://www.serverweave.com/ :: Server Control Panel - In Progress...

Old 12-04-2008, 04:50 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Squirrel

How exactly does it work?
Say example.com is expiring in a few days, and I backorder it. How does that process work, do I get the domain as soon as it hits midnight that day, and get charged then, or do I get charged right away, and still have to wait for domain to go out of it's "expired" stat (I've seen this state last over 3 months before it's actually released). Any other info I should know? Just curious as I have a few domains in mind. It's an evil thing to do but hey, people should keep their domains a couple years renewed at all times.

Very difficult to get a domain through back ordering. and also m not advising the expired domain bcz some time it may panalized and also will not get after the expired day. M with godaddy my after expire my domain they gave more than 2 weeks and send more that 10 email regarding the payment notification

__________________hostmonster reviewbluehost review

Old 12-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Web Hosting Master

Just backordered through snap names so I'll see how this goes! I feel super evil. *puts small finger to edge of mouth* muhaha.
I'm not counting on it though. I have a big feeling the domain is set to auto renew. Most people set that.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Nominet Plans to Make Shorter .UK Domains Available Starting June 10 Web Hosting News 2014-02-03 12:08:10
Yahoo Launches Week-Long Domainapalooza to Auction More than 100 Premium Domains Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 11:05:27
Nominet Temporarily Forced to Ditch Plans for Shorter .UK Domains Web Hosting News 2013-03-18 10:19:10
ServInt Increases Affiliate Partner Payouts to Up to $799 Web Hosting News 2013-02-06 13:15:58
ServInt Designs New Custom Shop Ordering System for Hosting Resellers Web Hosting News 2013-01-23 11:35:44